You Know, I Didn't Think I Was This Attract-

Percy's POV:

Bellatrix shrieked in surprise. "Who are you? Where are you? Show yourself!" 

Draco and Sepia's eyes had widened, and they got off the desks, wands drawn. Automatically, they stood in front of Bellatrix, who also had her wand out. 

"Where are you?" Sepia hissed, her eyes large with fear and anger. 

Shoot. Maybe this was a bad idea. Slowly, I started to vapor-travel away, but my foot caught on a chair leg and I stumbled, my footfalls giving away my location. 

"Accio!" Draco pointed his wand in my direction. I clamped my hand on my cap as it started to move, desperate to stay hidden. With my other hand, I reached into my dress for Riptide, disguised as a wand instead of a pen.

Unfortunately, my grip wasn't strong enough, and my precious blue cap flew off my head into Draco's grasp. Immediately, I raised my wand, but it was too late. 

"Incarcerous!" Bellatrix roared.

I flew backward into a chair, ropes springing up and wrapping around me, restraining me against the chair. However, my feet still had some wiggle room. 

And I still held my wand.

In the short moment where Bellatrix breathed a sigh of relief, I used my wand to escape.

"Diffindo!" I twisted my wrist inward to point at myself, slashing through the ropes tying me down. Exhaling in satisfaction, I didn't notice Sepia flick her wrist.

"Expelliarmus!" Riptide shot out of my hands, sailing over to where Sepia stood. 

Instinctively, I stuck my hand back into my pocket, pulling out Riptide with a grin. The moment of shock on Sepia's face was all I needed. I turned on my heel and dashed into the door, wrenching it open before skidding into the hallway. As I ran, I pointed my wand at Draco and my cap flew back to me. 

"Petrificus Totalus!" Sepia cried, running after me.

I needed protection. Almost as soon as I thought about it, a light blue shield shot out of Riptide. "Protego!"

"Colloshoo!" Draco pointed his wand at me.

"Salvio Hexia!" I flicked my wrist and the jinx flew back, narrowly missing Sepia.

"Impedimenta!" Sepia and Draco shouted in unison.

BANG.

Sepia, Draco, and I blasted apart as a large shield sprang up. Bellatrix stood in between us, with me on one side and Draco and Sepia on the other. The annoyed look on her face made Draco falter in his wand-waving, giving me a split-second advantage as I vapor-traveled away, thinking of anywhere far from Bellatrix.

Fortunately, I didn't appear in front of any professors. 

Unfortunately, I appeared right in front of Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Harry was lying on a bed in the Hospital Wing, with Hermione sitting on the edge and Ron in a chair next to the bed.

"You didn't see me! I casually walked up to you!" I nearly snapped, on the verge of panic. The trio started to nod, convinced, but Hermione stopped herself, breaking the effect of the charmspeak. A wave of confusion washed over Ron and Harry's faces. As I backed away apprehensively, the three of them shared a knowing look. 

"Colloportus, muffliato." Ron pointed his wand first at the doors of the Hospital Wing, then at Madam Pomfrey's office. Harry sat up, no longer milking his injury. 

Hermione pointed her wand at me. "Incarcerous."

I tried to dodge the spell, but with a groan, I was forced into a chair for the second time in an hour. "Seriously, guys, is this really necessary? You know, I didn't think I was this attract - uh oh, looks like I'm in trouble. Maybe I'll shut up now."

Harry had shoved his wand in my face, effectively surprising me. Ron and Hermione turned to face me. Ron said, "Relax, Jackson. We just want to ask you some questions."

"Yeah, well, maybe catching me off-guard and tying me up against a chair wasn't the best way to do that. A simple please would have sufficed, thank you very much," I shot at him, slightly annoyed. Hermione stared at me with a deadpan expression, and I continued, indignant.

"We just want to talk to you. Oh, let's walk up to him and ask nicely. No, let's tie him up and lock him in the Hospital Wing. Yeah, what a great idea. Let's go!"

"Can you just, like, shut up for a minute?" Ron exclaimed. I frowned. I didn't think I had gone overboard with the sarcasm. I tried to run a hand through my hair, but couldn't move my arm. 

"What do you want to ask?" I asked, considerably more serious. 

"Harry's been having a hard time remembering what happened during Potions," Hermione told me. "It has to do with you. Perhaps you could jog his memory?"

Potions...where I was late and then used my charmspeak. "That depends. Is his memory related to the beginning, middle, or end of Potions?"

"Beginning, when Slughorn was taking attendance."

"Oh. Let's see, I walked in with the rest of the class, but I was near the back of the crowd, so when Professor Slughorn was taking attendance he didn't see me, even though I was there and wasn't late. Does that answer the question?"

Clearly, that wasn't the answer Hermione wanted to hear. With a hint of disapproval, she asked, "Do you have any experience with Memory Charms?"

"Is that the oblivious one?"

"It's obliviate, but yes." Hermione sighed with familiar disapproval. I bit back a grin at how much she sounded like Annabeth. Behind Hermione, I could see Harry and Ron exchange similar looks. 

"Then no, I don't have any experience with that." I was met with silence as Hermione tried to think of something else to ask me. 

"By the way, can you untie me?"