A-After the War I Went Back to New York

Posted above is "Wait for It." Burr's voice is my fav character...Not Burr. Just his voice. And his songs. Not a super long chapter either.

Ron's POV:

I swear by Merlin's baggy underwear, something always happens when Percy Jackson's around.

Out of all things, a hippo?

That child is bloody confusing.

Harry's POV:

After Transfiguration, I was walking back to the common room when I heard singing. 

"...fight for you, we'll make it right for you. 
If we lay a strong enough foundation,

We'll pass it on to you,

We'll give the world to you

And you'll blow us all away,

Someday, someday. 

Yeah, you'll blow us all away..."

I stopped to listen. Percy's voice was echoing through the corridor as he sang along to the soundtrack. I heard that song a few years ago, walking through Diagon Alley.  An upstart young wizard, named Lin-Manuel Miranda, had written the whole musical by himself. Apparently he had been sorted in Slytherin.

The next song started to play.
"After the war I went back to New York, a-after the war I went back to New York..." Percy's voice cracked on the second "after". I froze, suspicion rising in me. He kept trying to sing along. "I finished up my studies and I practiced law...I practiced law, Burr worked next door." 

Even though we started at the very same time, Alexander Hamilton began to climb. How to account for his rise to the top? Man, that man is non-stop!

The music kept playing, but Percy's voice had faded off, and all I could hear was his shaky breathing and coughing. Disturbed, I quickly walked off, not wanting to be caught listening to him.

But later, peeking around the edge of the hallway, I watched as Professor Slughorn slipped a small, magically written note under the door of his private dormitory. 

Mr. Jackson, try listening to "Wait For It." 

It's not your fault people died in the war. 

Stop beating yourself up about it.

-Professor Slughorn.

Death doesn't discriminate 

between the sinners and the saints,

it takes and it takes and it takes.

And we keep living anyway,

we rise and we fall

and we break and we make our mistakes,

and if there's a reason I'm still alive

when everyone who loves me has died,

I'm willing to wait for it...

Wait for it, 

wait for it, 

wait for it,

wait for it,

I am the one thing in life I can control, 

I am inimitable, I am an original.

I'm not falling behind or running late,

I am not standing still, I am lying in wait...

(Okay, sorry. Back to the story!!!)

Percy's POV:

I had been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack on my special magical stereo thing, when all the memories started rushing back. All the people I couldn't save, trying to comfort me, all the deaths and damage I couldn't prevent. 

I am the one thing in life I can control...

I suddenly realized the soundtrack had started over. How long had I been distracted?

If there's a reason I'm still alive, when so many have died, 

I'm willing to wait for it, I'm willing to...

Woah... it's almost like Aaron Burr's character is trying to tell me something. That's funny.