Chapter Four

Author's Note: I've decided to have the paragraphs start on the right edge without the four spaces. It's WAY too much work to go through and add four spaces to EVERY new paragraph. Also, I'm fairly new to writing with Wattpad, so please let me know any tips you might have (even if you're from the distance future, I'll be open to anything). Anyhoo, enjoy!

The weeks between then and September First quickly shrank, to everyone's joy. The Hermits were always talking and asking about the wizarding world, and Scar had shown everyone a moving picture of his parents, who waved and smiled happily from the photo.

"All pictures move in wizarding homes; we dip them in a special potion. Some portraits can even talk to you! It's usually the bigger ones that do, though. Smaller ones like this one are silent."

Dedalus had set aside a decent amount of money so the kids could have some sweets once they got on the Hogwarts Express (because he's the cool uncle).

"Wizarding candy is very different from the muggle ones, and they're a lot more fun. Most muggle jellybeans are super plain. The moment we get on the train, I'm getting some Every Flavour Beans for you guys to try! There's a challenge that everyone does where they randomly pick one, and you get a point if you get one you like!"

The day finally came. September First.

Dedalus led the kids to King's Cross, and stopped when he saw the barrier.

"See the platform between 9 and 10? That's how to get to Platform 9 ¾. Go through it, feel free to run if you're nervous."

X was the first to step up. He took his cart (which he had Hermit and his cage in) and ran through the barrier, closing his eyes tightly, only to disappear.

"Whoa! Me next!" Grian took his trolley and went through the barrier, keeping his eyes wide open. One by one, everyone went inside. Dedalus shooed them onto the train and they said their goodbyes. 10:50.

"I made sure you all came early, get the good seats. Have fun, don't forget to write." Dedalus wrapped a scarf around his nephew's neck.

"I will. Bye Uncle D." X hugged his caretaker, then dashed onto the train to catch his friends.

"How about... Here!" They were in the middle of the train, and Ren picked a compartment.

The Hermits sat down, with just enough room to comfortably sit them all. X sat on the floor, however, his back to the train wall.

"You sure you wanna sit there?" Bdubs asked. Xisuma nodded. It was actually comfortable, even on the floor.

For a minute, everyone took in their environment in silence, which was only broken by Scar doing his usual tapping.

10:55.

"This feels like a dream." Zed admitted quietly, looking out the window from his window seat. Grian, who was right in front of him, nodded. Awestruck silence.

Xisuma pulled out two books and handed one to Mumbo, who took it and quietly read the title. Tales of Beedle the Bard.

"It's basically wizarding fairy tales, it's actually interesting to read from our perspective." X explained, his voice still soft. Mumbo nodded and went to the first story in the book: The Wizard and The Hopping Pot.

"What other books you got, X?" Tango asked. X pulled out Quidditch Through The Ages and handed it to him.

"Quidditch?" Tango muttered curiously, opening the book. The first thing the book talked about was broomsticks, which was as interesting as everything else in the book: very. It talked about how people at first made brooms themselves, making every broom drastically different (and usually very uncomfortable). Then, people started selling brooms, and they started being used for fun. Hence, the start of most games played on brooms.