Chapter 14

Claire's P.O.V.
The Next Day
~*~*~*~*~*
I've never been so terrified in my entire life.

It's not that i'm fearless, it's just that normally I can defy the fear. And with this I can't.

Maybe it's not even fear.

I think it's anxiety.

The what if's and paranoia take a toll on me.

What if they're are proven guilty? What if they were lying and aren't actually innocent? What if.....

What if they did murder people? Multiple people?

"Claire?" Bronnor asks, waving his hand in front of my face. I jump and he chuckles. "We're here. Let's go."

My stomach drops as we get out of the car and I straighten the simple, navy blue dress I was told to wear. I check my hair in the small hand mirror I carry around and we start to head to the door.

The moment we walk in the door my stomach drops. I realize i'm going to see my parents today. I haven't seen or talked to them since that that night they got arrested.

I stop in the middle of the doorway and I feel like i'm going to throw up.

This is where it all goes down.

"Claira, let's go."

Mason walks in ahead of me and I follow. I take a deep breath as we reach the entrance to the court room.

Then we walk in, and I run out the moment I see my parents.

I sit down on a bench outside the door, and I feel like a can't breath. My vision is blurry and I can't focus.

My mind is blank. There's no thoughts going on inside my mind. Except one. And it's that i'm having a panic attack.

The fact that I acknowledge that i'm having a panic attack makes me panic even more and I see Jacob sit down next to me, through the tears in my eyes.

"Claira, I need you to focus. I'm going to ask you questions and you're going answer. Meanwhile, I need you to wiggle your fingers and toes."

I nod and do as he says. He seem to know exactly how to handle it and it surprises me.

"What is your favorite color?" he asks.

"Blue....or.....lavender," I say through heavy breaths.

"Who do you hate the most out of my baseball team?"

"Ethan." He chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"Why?"

"Because....he has.... to big... of.... an ego."

"So do I, but you don't hate me?"

"That's....debatable. And....at least you.... have looks and..... a good personality.... to match it. He's too..... narcissistic." He looks taken aback and blushes, and I then realize what I said. "I.....did not... mean to... tell you that." The breaths get clearer and I'm able to think easier.

"It's okay Claire."

After a moment I'd tart to calm down and I stand up.

"Thank you," I say quietly, blushing.

"No problem."

"How did you know how to help me?"

"I get panic attacks all the time."

We continue our conversation until Connor walks out and stops is.

"I'm not joking, you two seriously act like a couple. Anyways, not to ruin your lovey-dovey conversation, but the trials about to start. And Claira.... I suggest you fix... that," he says, waving his hand in circles in front of my face. I flip him offf and run to the bathroom.