Chapter 35

Claira's POV

************

"Alright. Who wants to exchange gifts first?" Isabelle asks, holding Hudson to refrain him from opening everybody elses gifts.

"I'll go!" Laken yells. He pulls out gifts that sit behind him and passes them to Tessa first, all of his brothers, his parents then me. Christmas shopping must e so expensive for him to have to get everyone presents every year- then again, I got his entire family presents too.

Tessa opens her gift, revealing a phone case, with pictures form tons of different occasions. Her eyes light up as she sees it, and again when she finds the earrings he got her. SHe hugs him, and he kisses her on the cheek, and then the boys start to open theirs.

When they're done, I open mine, finding a pair of softball cleats, and a UCLA sweatshirt as he knows it's who I want to play softball for.

I smiles, saying thanks and it turns out an endless cycle of this, passing gifts around until Jacob and I are the only ones left.

"I'm giving you your gift last becasue you won't want to give me mine after you get yours," he says.

"I'm not sure of that's a compliment or not?" He shakes his head at me, laghing, and I hand him his present, then walk off to get the bulletin board.

I walk back out and hand him the bulletin board so that he can't see it. He turns it around, and laughs, smiling so huge.

"Claira, this is amazing!" He turns it around to show everybody. It holds at least 20 pictures of us, 4 tickets for the next two LA Dodgers games, and one long letter to him, that has been left unopened for him to open later.

"You like it?"

"I really do, this is one of the best gifts ever."

"Excuse me, were the pack of socks I gave you not the best?" Laken asks, ruining the moment.

"Shut it." Jacob turns back towards me. "Here's your gift. Or more so a part of it."

I open the first, huge box only to the softball bat I've been wanting forever. Now that I can hopefully play softball if we figure out how to cover treatment, I gasp.

"Jacob. This is and Easton Ghost Advanced 2020 bat. It's expensive. I mean thank you, but like, you didn't pay a lot for it, did you?"

"Claira," my mom scolds.

"it doesn't matter if I did. You deserve it." I blush at his words.

"You're the best."

"I know. Now open the other gift.

I nod, smiling and grabbing the small gift box. As open I find a small piece of paper with letters written on it, and recognize it as a link to some sort of website.

The website URL reads: docs.google.com//akid7JowomJs82992

I give him a questioning look as does everyone else here.

Quickly dashing up the stairs, I grab my computer and bring it down, opening it and logging in. I type in the link and Jacob says nothing as I open the google doc.

When the doc loads in, all it hold is another link. And when I click in it, i'm redirected.

The it comes up with a screen.

A screen that reads: Congratulation! You have succeeded your goal of 104,000$ and have come up with 172,086$.

I drop the computer dumbstruck, luckily not breaking it.. No one else besides Jacob knows why I'm freaking out. Except Laken, I assume because eI see him grinning.