Chapter 45

⚠️TW: SELF HARM- DO NOT READ IF YOU MAY HAVE TRAUMATIC FLASHBACKS ⚠️

The Next Morning

-------

"Are you still mad at me?" I ask Jacob, as I walk downstairs while Isabelle sets out plates of food for everyone.

He doesn't respond. He gets up and walks away.

"Guess that's a yes."

I sigh and sit down grabbing a plate. "Thanks for making breakfast, Isabelle."

"No problem, honey. So, have you convinced your mom to get a house here."

"Not yet. I don't think she will. First of all, prices. Second, we just bought our house, and third my brother doesn't want to. "

"Why don't you take that apartment. It was essentially a gift for you, your brother, and your mom, but mainly you. And it wasn't just from Jacob."

"Really?" She nods.

"It was from all of us. And it's still available. Right now, it's kind of just a place for anyone in the family stay if they have friends over or need a break. You should take it Claira. Even if it''s only you staying there. We've paid the first 3 months of rent. It's 273 a month. We can take care of electricity and water for you, if you can just pay the monthly fee for owning the apartment in general. This months is already paid off. If you did want it, we could move you in on Friday. I mean obviously you have to check with your mom."

"I want to, but I feel like this is a lot. You guys have already spent thousands of dollars on me and my family. Hell, you're helping them pay off the house. You helped pay for my surgery-"

"No. We helped pay off the house, and we helped with the apartment. That's it. Your surgery was all donations Jacob managed to get for you. We really haven't spent so much on you, Claire. And it's all worth it, what we have. Claire, I know what goes on at your house. Jacob has told me, Laken has told me, and your mother has told me. If this keeps you safe, then you should take it."

"Fine. Thank you. I'll ask my mom after school."

__________

"Alright, you ready?" Skye asks.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Think we can make varsity as frshman and sophmores?"

"I made the team as a freshman at my old school, so I'm sure we can both make it."

We walk over to the bulletin board and check the list.

Varsity Girl's Softball Team
---------------------------------
-Oliva 'Livy' Madison- 1st baseman

Backup: Isabella Howard, Rachel Lewis.

-Eliana Whaley- 2nd Baseman

Backup: Rowan Arbor, Jamie Peck

-Rose Tason- Shortstop

Backup: Elizabeth Rens

-Bailey Wales- 3rd baseman

Backup: Zoey Lewis, Claira Johnson

-Riley Sust- Right field

Backup: Hailee Benz

-Centerfield: Tanner Iston

Backup: Claira Johnson, Livy Madison

-Alia Castrote

Backup: Lauren Tais

- Claira Johnson-Pitcher

Backup: Tanner Iston, Sienna Holt