1 - PROTECTIVE

📍New Years Day, 1995,
1:07 am, The Wilson's Studio
Blakley's POV

     We were all having fun. Luke and Alex fighting while Reggie was trying to get in between them and Bobby and I were just sitting on the couch watching.

     "Hey Reg, I'm gonna head home" I said just loud enough so all four boys could hear me. "Ok Blakie Bear" he said with a small smirk forming on his lips. I HATED that name so i just gave him a small glare grabbed my bag and headed towards the door.

     "Do you need someone to walk you home?" the shaggy brown haired boy said. "Luke, I've told you a million times I don't need help getting home. I have my own two feet." "But what about your parents? Are they home?" I just rolled my eyes. "oh my lord, Luke I said I was fine" All the boys stood there in shock because I never snap at Luke. "I- I'm sorry" I mumbled before rushing out as quick as I could.

     I didn't know why I raised my voice. I mean he had always been more overprotective then the other boys but I was used to it so I honestly did not know why I got mad.

⚠️THIS WILL HAVE MENTIONS OF⚠️
ABUSE AND DRINKING
⚠️ (Blakley and Reggies parents)⚠️

FLASHBACK

📍Almost a year ago, 1994,
    4:37, The Peters House
Blakley's  POV

     "Are you ready to go yet??"  Reggie yelled from downstairs "Chill Reg!" right as I said that I heard the front door open. I started to think of who it could be. Not my parents they had just left for the 5th time this year and it's just February. They would do anything just to get away from us I started to think. My thoughts getting louder and louder, It's better than them being here abusing us and getting drunk at 10am I was lost in my thoughts until I heard a loud noise from downstairs.

     "Hey who's here?" "It's just me" a familiar voice called out. "oh ok, coming" I quickly changed into a pair of jeans, a tank top, and a sweater.

      "perfect"  I said before running down the stairs to see a shaggy haired boy sitting on my couch next to my brother

     "perfect"  I said before running down the stairs to see a shaggy haired boy sitting on my couch next to my brother. "Why are you here beanie boy?" " Ouch, why cant I just take my best friend to her date?"  he said as a small smirk formed on his lips. "First of all, your not my best friend, that title goes to Jaxon, and how did you even know I was going on a date??" Reggie immediately looked down as I said that last part.  " REGINALD PETERS!" I yelled but not too loud to scare him. "I'm sorry ok? It's hard not to talk about. It's exciting when girls talk to me about girl stuff like dates." I playfully roll my eyes and let out a small laugh.

     "Look Blake, I'm just going for fun" "Ok beanie boy, whatever you say" He rolls his eyes at me because I know he hates that nickname. "Who are you going with again?" "Reg I've told you one hundred times, Hayden from the lacrosse team" Luke looks over and raises his eyebrows "Oh Lord that jerk?" I just decide to ignore that comment and head to Bobby's  car -some how got him to give us a set of keys- while the others follow me out.

     Once we get there I decide to wait in the car. 10 minutes. No Hayden. 15 minutes. No Hayden. 20 minutes. No Hayden. No nothing. I was started to loose hope as Reggie spoke up.

     "Blake..?" he says softly. "What Reg?" The black haired boy noticed the snarky tone of my voice. "I- um. I don't think he's coming"

     For a few seconds I just sit there thinking. What did I do wrong? Why me? I tried my hardest to hold back my tears as I thought but I couldn't anymore. I just started crying. I didn't expect me to feel so much emotion for someone I met just at the beginning of the school year back in the fall when he transferred to my school.

     When I open my eyes I see two boys looking at me shocked because I don't cry over boys often. At least not around them. I could see the sorrow in Reggies eyes and the anger in Luke's.  "Let's just go home" I try to say in between sobs but before I even finish my sentence Reggie already started the car.

     I was just looking out my window zoned out about 4 blocks from my house when I saw something I did not want to see that day.

     I saw Hayden. Not only Hayden though, Hayden with another girl. Before I could even make out who it was the car had come to a stop and Luke was out of the car walking over there with his hands in fists and teeth grinding against each other.

     Right when my brain started working and I realized what Luke was gonna do I jumped out of the car as fast as I physically could and ran over to Luke. I saw just a second to late because right when I got over there Luke had just punched Hayden in the face.

END OF FLASHBACK

A/N

Hey everyone!! Well I can't tell if I love or hate this chapter but I had to get some background info for y'all so you can understand what's happening in later chapters. Next chapter will be a little more juicy😏.

BUT I CAN NOT BELIEVE I ALREADY HAVE ONE DONE WOW

     (also sorry it's so short my other chapters should be a bit longer)

ANYWAYS- don't forget to comment and vote LOVE ALL OF YOU!!
xx
Jules <3