10 - BREAK UPS

📍Jan 16th, 1995,
12:24pm, The Beach
Blake's POV

I just needed to clear my head and try and push away my feelings. That's all I needed, so that's what I did and there was no way the boys were gonna find me because I went to somewhere I hated.

When I got to the beach I found a bridge just off the sand. I figured it was perfect so I pulled out my song book and started writing. It wasn't much but I couldnt get these lyrics out of my head

"And rise through the night
You and I
We will fight to shine together
Bright forever" I sang to myself before I heard my name being called. Yay they found me.

"Oh my Lord Blake don't ever do that again." Alex said out of breath. "I told y'all I was fine in my note." I said kind of scolding them with my tone of voice.

"Blake still. We were worried." Reggie added "I know but I needed him to be out of my head for good." I explained.

"Well put him back in there because he likes you boo." Alex said with a smile as my eyes went wide. "He what now?!" I whisper yelled before my eyes shift to someone running up to us. Of course it was Luke. Great timing bud.

"Thank the Lord your okay." he said catching his breath. I just stared at him because I didn't know what to say. Did he actually like me? Didn't he have a girlfriend??

Next thing I know Alex grabbed my arm and pulled me up to start walking back to the car. No one really talked on the way there even though it was a good 10 minute walk back to where they parked.

Once we got home I went to my room and went to bed because I was very drained and confused to say the least. If he did ever break up with Lily then maybe we could be together but as of right now it doesn't seem like she's going anywhere anytime soon.

I woke up to my alarm clock screaming at me to get up for school. "ughh." I said to myself before Reggie busted into my room singing a stupid good morning song that he sung to me every. single. morning. What would I do without him.

"I'm not gonna stop singing until you get up." He said in a sing song voice. "fine fine I'll get up." I said throwing the blanket off of my body and getting up.

He simply smiled and left my room so I could get ready. I threw on a pair of baggy jeans and a t-shirt and started to brush my teeth.

(here's the outfit😩😝)

After I finished brushing my teeth I brushed through my hair and decided it was good enough for today so I ran downstairs and grabbed a banana even though I hated them.

"Is Lily riding with us today?" I asked in a peppy voice that came out of absolutely no where. "Um no I don't think so." Reggie said watching the toaster, waiting for his bread to pop up.

I couldn't help but put a smile on my face once I knew I didn't have to meet that girl today. I mean I could but did I want to? Nope.

Next thing I know the car is honking outside signalling for us to come out.

I walked outside to see Alex in the backseat of Bobby's car. Reggie ran ahead of me and got in shotgun with his toast. I got in the back next to Alex. He knew I was nervous to see Luke because I was bouncing my leg and playing with my rings. "Blake it's fine." he said putting his hand on my bouncing leg as we started driving. "I know but it doesn't seem like Lily's going away anytime soon." I said quietly not really wanting Reggie or Bobby to hear. He nodded not really knowing what to say.

When we got to Luke's house he came out with a apple in his hand and messy hair. He walked up to the car and took a breath before he got in. "Hey guys." he said. He didn't even bother to look my way. So much for liking me right?

The whole time I was silent and I swear Luke was scooted all the way over to the window so his leg did not touch mine.

When we got to school everyone got out of the car. I took a deep breath and headed to my first class of the day.

📍Jan 17th, 1995,
12:31 pm, The School
Luke's POV

The day had passed by so fast and I had barley even seen Blake. I really wanted to talk to her and figure things out. I was an idiot and totally ignored her in the car.

The bell ring for lunch and I honestly didn't want to go because I knew I would have to deal with Lily. Alex was right I had to brake up with her. I used her to cope and honestly she didn't help one bit.

When I got to the cafeteria I already saw Lily sitting at our table with Alex, Reg, and Bobby. No sign of Blake. I got in the lunch line and got the nasty school food that's probably made of beaver for all I know.

When I got to the table I was about to sit next to Bobby when Lily pulled me next to her. "Hey baby." she said in her high pitched voice. I mentally rolled my eyes. This girl was getting on my last nerve. "Hey Lily." I responded with no emotion whatsoever but It didn't phase her one bit.

Throughout lunch Alex kept kicking me under the table and mouthing 'break up with her now or I swear I will kill you.'. Or at least what I thought he said. Other than that no one really talked though.

When lunch was over I grabbed Lily's arm and pulled he to where no one else was. Lord help me. "I need to-" I began to say before she started kissing me. Why was she so bad at this???

I pushed her away not knowing what else to do. "Lily I'm breaking up with you." I said as her jaw dropped. She was frozen.

"This has something to do with that girl Blake doesn't it? You know I bet you kissed her. I bet you even-" she started to rant before I stopped her.

"What me and Blake do is none of your concern." I added "So in other words you did kiss her." She said with a snarky tone. I wasn't gonna lie so I didn't say anything.

"Hm, I'll remember that Patterson." she said before she walked away. What is wrong with that girl.

A/N

IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG!!!

Y'all I just went back to school full time so I'm so sorry but I know where I'm going to go with this for the next few chapters so I hope you are enjoying!!!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Love all of y'all and my DMs are always open!!

xx,
     Jules