💫7

.•.•.•.•.

Carlos yawned as he rose up from his position on the bed. He brought his hand to his face to rub the sleep out of his eyes, sighing deeply. He blinked his eyes open, happy that the curtains were closed so the hot Spanish sun wouldn't hurt his eyes on the early morning. He turned his gaze to the ground next to his bed and smiled.

Lando was still sleeping in all peace on his mattress. His face was squished into the soft pillow and he had his arms curled around him, legs pulled to his chest like a fetus. He must have pushed the covers off him through the night, as none of it was covering the younger. Carlos gently leaned over his bed to pull the duvet over him again, careful to not wake him up.

They had played the whole day yesterday, outside in the Sainz's their large garden. They played hide and seek along with Ana and a friend she had over as well. Lando looked so happy, being outside and running through the garden like he was free. Carlos immediately felt a tingle of happiness too as he saw the bright smile on Lando's face.

They played whatever came up in their still imaginative mind's like every other kid. The whole day was a lot of fun, until they were halfway through a round of hide and seek. Carlos was running all across the yard, his stamina really coming in use as he searched for the others.
Before he reached to the small bushes on the side of their garden, he felt a short rush of pain go to his ankel.

Carlos held back a whine, biting his bottom lip as he looked up to the sky. He knew how to firm the pain by now. It was a question if his soulmate was either really clumsy or something very bad was going on in his soulmate's life. He looked it up the other day in hopes to find out more about all the sudden 'pain attacks' as he called it.

Is it normal to have a hurt soulmate every day?

How to find your soulmate?

How do I know if my soulmate is ok?

Just like that, he came to a conclusion that there was nothing more to do than firm the pain. It wasn't only physical pain he felt. He himself started to get hurt too mentally. It was a normal reaction. You worry for your soulmate. You don't want the other to feel any pain. It hurt Carlos that he felt so useless. He wanted to protect his soulmate.

It felt a little weird to think his soulmate was probably miles away from him, but to still feel a connection. He would find his soulmate one day, he was sure of that. He would protect the other with his life, knowing what his soulmate went through in his younger years.

Carlos learned to firm the pain by now, just as he tried to do now. He let out a shaky breath and shook his leg lightly. It was quite some time ago that he felt physical pain coming from his soulmate, so that was a relieve. He hoped the other could continue this streak. That's probably why the pain was a bit worse than other times, that it was so long ago.

After the pain had left his body lightly, he continued to search for Ana and Lando. He already found his sister's friend as she was still searching for a place to hide, to his luck. He sneaked up to the trees and saw a shoulder just peak over the trees. The person had a bright pink shirt, which wasn't too difficult to miss.

"Oh Ana..." Carlos singsong, slowly creeping closer to the tree. He heard a little giggle. "Where are you?" He called out, a grin playing on his lips as he stretched the 'a' in are. He walked to the tree and quickly jumped in front of his sister, grabbing his sister' shoulder. "Found you!!" Carlos yelled through laughter, making Ana break out in a giggle fit.

After 20 more minutes of looking for Lando, he decided to get Ana and her friend to help him search for the young Brit. Carlos knew it was useless, but he couldn't help worrying his friend got lost. The thought of Lando panicking, all by himself, caused his heart to beat harder. He stepped up his pace as he basically ran to find his friend.