💫1

Madrid
17th of March 2000

Carlos was running around in the big house while his dad was chasing him. The little Spaniard giggled as he saw his dad walking faster. He quickly ran up to his grandma who was sitting in a chair in a small corner of the house, books filling the wall. His grandma smiled as he saw the little man running up to him. "Abuela, abuela!" Carlos screeched as he climbed on his grandma her lap. The woman placed her book on the small table and smiled at the little man.

"What's wrong querido?" His grandma asked as he hugged her tightly. "Papa wants to catch me, but me doesn't want to sleep" Carlos says as he gives his grandmother a pout. The older woman laughed softly and chucks a bit of hair away from the little boy's face.

"Abuela can tell you a story? But we have to do shh, shh for papa, si?" Carlos quickly nodded as his grandma stood up from her chair, picking up the little Spaniard as she takes him upstairs.

When they get upstairs, his grandma lays the little Spaniard in bed and pulls the blanket over his body. She sits on the side of the bed and smiles at Carlos while she lays her warm hand on his head.

"Story! Story!" Carlos excitely says as he jumps a little in this position. "Hmm let's see.. have you ever heard of a soulmate?" Carlos shook his head while he stayed quiet, looking at his grandma with eyes full of curiousity. "A soulmate is.. like a best friend, but something more. In this world, you and your soulmate feel each other's feelings. So if abuelo feels sad, I can feel that." She says.

"Wow!" Carlos sits up. "Who is my soulmate?" His grandma laughs as she holds Carlos' cheek. "I don't know, you have to find out yourself. But you have to watch out! This world has also his bad side." Carlos looks sad into his grandma her eyes. "You can only kiss your soulmate. And if you kiss someone who isn't your soulmate, the other person gets really sick."

Carlos looks down. "That isn't funny" his grandmother laughs a bit and strokes his cheek more. "It sure isn't. But I'm sure you'll find your soulmate. I just know you will querido." Carlos smiles and nods before crawling under the blankets again. "Good night abuela" the little Spaniard says. "Goodnight querido" she says back before turning off the lights.

Madrid
1st of september 2007

(Okay I'm not sure if he turned 13 in 2007 but I hope my maths are alright.. else.. blame my teacher!!)

"Feliz cumpleaños Carlos!" Carlos his family and friends shouted as the young Spaniard walked in the living room. Carlos smiled and laughed softly as he thanked everyone. His mother leaded him up to the big birthday cake in the middle of the room. A big 13 was placed on top of the third layer of cake. On the other rows, there were photos of his family and some of where he was karting.

Carlos really liked the cake, and he loves how everyone shows up for his birthday. But something inside of him wasn't alright. His left side hurts badly and he had no idea why. He ignores the pain and puts on a smile for everyone. He didn't want them to feel like his feelings was their fault.

A bit later, Carlos was sitting with his friends from school and karting on the couch watching TV. Carlos sighed as he stood up. "I'm going to the bathroom really quick" he said as the rest nods.

When Carlos gets to the bathroom, he grabs the hem of his shirt and lifts in a bit. Nothing, just his normal skin. Nothing different then before the pain. He quickly pulls his shirt down when someone enters the bathroom. He relaxes when he sees his mother.

"Querido, what's wrong?" His mother asks worriedly. "Nothing mama, my side hurts but I can't see anything and I don't even know what happened". A quick moment of shock and Realization was visable on his mother her face, but she quickly hides hit with a smile. "Maybe it helps if you go to abuela, she helps you from above" she softly says with a smile. "Okay mama"

When Carlos got to the graveyard, he went to his grandmother's stone and sat down. He leaned his shoulder and head against it and sighed. "I don't know Abuela. It hurts but nothing happened. What could it be?". But then, Carlos suddenly remembers. The young Spaniard thought back about the moment with his grandma when he was 6. It was one of the less moments he could remember from his younger ages.

His soulmate was hurt! What if something happened to.. her. Or is it a hi- no what the hell Carlos, you're not gay Carlos thought as he shakes his head at his own head. He quickly tries to forget what he just thought and sighes deeply. Whatever gender his soulmate may be, they are hurt and that isn't okay. He was worried, but he quickly relaxes when he thought a bit longer about it. maybe he just fell, that's also possible, right?

——-
Abuela = oma
Querido = darling/dear
Feliz cumpleaños = happy birthday
(Heheh just learned a new language)
——-
Hey guysss!!

Hope ya enjoyed this chapter.. I have no idea how to continue this book but we'll see if you guys like it :3

Much love,
M🧡