💫4

"Hola, Lando!" Carlos said after Lando had opened the door. "H-hola Carlos" Lando said with a soft chuckle as he looks into Carlos' brown eyes. "You ready to go?" Carlos asks with a gentle smile. "Yup, let's go" the Brit said with a soft smile. "Bye mrs. Diaz" Lando shouted into the house. "Bye cariño, see you tonight!" A woman voice shouts back from inside the house as Lando closes the door.

"So you live with this family?" Carlos asks as they walk towards Carlos his dad's car. "Yeah, they are very nice. They treat me like I'm their family" Lando said with a very soft chuckle. A slight sad look appeared on Lando's face for a second and Carlos sees it. he probably misses his family. How can he be away from his family for 1 year and not miss them? Carlos thought, but shrugged it off as the two of them entered the car.

"Hola! You must be Lando" Carlos his dad asks, which got awnsered by a nod. "That's me, pleasure to meet you sir" Lando softly said, still very shy just like he was this morning. Carlos didn't mind at all, he finds it cute. "I'm Carlos Sainz sr. But you can call me mr. Sainz or whatever you want actually" Carlos' dad said. Lando smiled gently and still a bit shy.

"I'm Lando, Lando Norris" Lando softly said. Mr. Sainz smiles, feeling that the little guy would be a good friend to his son. "It's nice to meet you, Lando Norris. I bet you and Carlos will be great friends" Carlos sr. said with a soft smile as they pull up at Thomas his house.Just when Carlos' dad pulls up in front of Thomas his house, the boy himself runs out of the house.

He has a sad look on his face when he knocks on the right front window. "Hey Thomas" Carlos greets him. "Hey, I'm so sorry but I can't join you two. I forgot my mum had planned a dinner so yeah, I'll join next time!" Thomas says with a chuckle. "Aw unfortunate you can't come. Well see you on school tomorrow!" Carlos said with a gentle smile as Thomas nods. "I'll see ya tomorrow Lando and Carlos, and goodbye Carlos' dad!" Thomas said before heading inside again.

"Well, guess it's just us two karting then!" Carlos said with a smile towards Lando. Lando blushes as he looks up shocked. "I-I'm not driving! I probably crash all the time!" Lando said, nervous about the fact that he's never drove a kart. "Oh, it isn't that difficult Lando" Carlos sr. restured the young Brit with a gentle smile. "Yeah, I bet you'll be amazing at it!" Carlos said as he lays his hand on Lando's shoulder,

As they get to the track, there are a few other young karting talents. "You race them?" Lando asks as he walks next to Carlos. Lando feels so embarrassed about the fact that he's so small. Carlos is way taller then him, just like the other drivers on track. "Yeah, but today is just training and trying to beat each others time." Carlos answers the Brit's question with a smile. Lando shallows and looks around. "Hey, this is your first time karting, don't be too harsh for yourself" Carlos said as he sees the younger one's nervous face.

They get into a kind of dressing room as Carlos explains that the drivers have their own room because the competition where he drives in is very high. Carlos sees the nervous face of Lando standing there with his karting clothes they just borrowed at the reception of the track. "If you feel uncomfortable, you can change there aswell" the Spaniard said with a gentle smile as he pointed at the toilet. Lando gave him a thankful smile before heading to the toilets.

Carlos looks at Lando as he enters the toilet and locks the door behind him. Carlos wonders why the boy felt so uncomfortable to dress here, but the young Spaniard didn't want to be rude or mean and just guessed that it was because that they just met today and the fact that he's nervous to get into the kart. But Carlos is sure that his new friend can drive it perfect.

Carlos was already changed as Lando walks out of the toilet, his balaclava in his hands. "I-I'm not sure what to do with this" Lando asks with a blush, chuckling softly. "Here, let me help you" Carlos said as he took the younger one's balaclava and pulled it over his head. His hair slightly sticking out while those big blue eyes look up to Carlos. The two make eye contact for a long time until there was a knock on the door.