~The Sagetai's Sanctuary~

Zoar and I travel through the long ravine with steep sides, accompanied by the might of a desert sun beating down on my forehead. The arduous journey is worth every bead of sweat, every laborious second.

The Sagetai's sanctuary is a timeless, architectural feat. An enormous ancient temple with a monastery design integrated into the face of a mountain top. A terraced sanctuary carved entirely of black sandstone. It has an elaborate, towering facade with a series of upholding pillars chiselled from sheer rock.

But it seems one must earn his merit to truly spectate such a sight by climbing the gigantic, double-tiered staircase of at least a thousand steps. Without hesitation, Zoar scales up the mountainous staircase, walking with his staff, with me in tow.

"Great Sagetai. Tell me, where are you from?"

"Urium. But more specifically, I am from the Prime Province in Armathis, and I belong to Regnum Valwa."

"Oh, no Sagetai." A distinct note of amusement rings in my mind. "You do not belong to just one kingdom or dominion. You belong to them all."

I glance at his bandaged back. Constantly fluttering my eyes to stave off the blinding intensity of the sun. "How would that be possible?"

"Urium's true name is Yahdai. It is the cradle of all life in this world. The birthplace of every being. It all originated from the twelve tribes of Yahdai. When time progressed and beings evolved, multiplying across the lands. And crossbreeding birthed new races of people. Every tribe, people and race, all originate from, what you know as, Urium."

Despite the demanding, scorching heat. I remain avid, drinking in his thoughts.

"The mythical bloodlines of every people from here to the artic plains of Nivalis, all of whom contain their abilities within, all unique to each denomination. Even though they are plenty, many diverse beings with versatile abilities that exist. They all derive from the same heritage. The twelve tribes."

I ignore my agonising muscles, a relentless burn in my legs.

"The Sagetai holds them all. All of the mystical bloodlines that form the twelve tribes, the same blood flows through your veins, it is what fuels your power. But it is not the source, not even the Sarsen. You have the capability to harvest power from any and every lineage. To reach your full power, the power of ten thousand suns. You must reach the Sagetai Statim, channelling all twelve, all at once."

My mind swells from the overload. Not by the information but by the revelation of what it all means and all that I am destined for. An onerous fate that I had no idea was tethered to mine. I had no inkling or some kind of cosmic feeling that I am destined to do more in my life than be a Hera.

"How...how is the Sagetai chosen? Who or...what appoints the Sagetai?"

Zoar sneaks a look at me. Though his face is completely covered in heavy layers. There is something in those luminous blue eyes that shines with jeering surprise, like what I had asked was obscenely foolish.

"The Sagetai is chosen by the Almighty, the Creator himself. You, Hera Aurora of Regnum Valwa, you are the first Sagetai. But you will not be the last. You are predestined to save not only Urium but the world. Even though you are the Great Light, as you well know, there too is a Great Darkness. One that only you can defeat, and only it can defeat you."

Well...that's encouraging.

"Balance is a law that cannot be transgressed." I erect at those recited words. "The scales will tip either way. At your birth, when the Sarsen merged with you, the worthy vessel."