~Aelvebore~

The castle complex is entered through the symmetrical Gatehouse flanked by two stair towers lined with watchers on the walls. The eastward-pointing gate building is the only structure of the complex whose wall area is fashioned in high-contrast colours. All the exterior walls are cased with brilliant, white limestone. The roof cornice is surrounded by pinnacles. The ground floors of the Gatehouse accommodate the stables.

The castle is actually a collection of buildings sitting in a fortress on top of an extinct volcano. Protected by sheer cliffs with only one direction of approach.

The courtyard has two levels, the lower one being defined to the east by the Gatehouse and to the north by the foundations of the rectangular tower and by the gallery building. The southern end of the courtyard is open, imparting a view of the surrounding snow-engulfed scenery. At its western end, the courtyard is delineated by a bricked embankment with a polygonal protracting bulge.

The three-storey building is connected to the rectangular rower and the Gatehouse by means of a continuous gallery fashioned with a blind arcade. A closed colonnade, a series of alcoves, merely built into the wall as a decorative element. The structure within the storm castle is spangled with numerous embellished chimneys and ornamental turrets. The court-side gable is crowned with a copper beast statue, the figure on top resembles a knight charging into battle.

Aelvebore, the storm castle itself is a settlement on its own.

When we arrive, we're all shown to our separate bedchambers. A servant escorts me to mine where a warm blanket, new clothes and a blazing heart await me. After a hot, ice-melting bath, I change into a fresh gown. Nivalis wool is incredibly warm. I plant myself before the fire. And I have not moved, a few servants have even drifted in to bring in my belongings.

Even now, I am seated on a wooden armchair, immoveable from the hearth.

My designated bedchamber is simple, very functional. The semblance of a glorified prison cell. Two armchairs positioned at an angle before the hearth with a small round table interspaced between them. Beneath the furnishings is a plush, dark-coloured coverlet.

The walls are cladded with dismal grey stones, matching the floor. The bed itself takes up most of the space, a canopy style with furry duvets draped across. The room bears one tall, relatively narrow window. I can hear the wails of nature. The mangling winds churning into sundering cyclones, eviscerating tempests decimating all in its warpath.

I stare into the fire. It crackles and spits and hisses. Its lambent light steals away from the velvet-black shadows dancing on the wall. Flames of red-orange lick hungrily at the chimney as they clamber as higher and higher.

A purposed knock sounds. Then the heavy door with a radius top slowly opens. An acquainted servant slinks in, carrying a light-hued fur coat, sable fur, cream with blemishes of sepia and pinpricks of dark brown. With a meld of an artic golden island.

"Hera, the Adons are requesting an audience with all the purebloods."

I quash a groan. "Where?"

"Western drawing room."

I stand to my feet, adjusting the many layers beneath the skirt of the gown. She moves forward, opening the coat in a wide display. Rotating, I redirect the flow of my hair, sliding my arms into the armholes as she fixes the coat on to my shoulders. The hems murmuring to the floor, aligned with the ends of the silvery dress.

I follow her out of the room, and she leads me to the location.

The design of Aelvebore incorporates Sorcian-esque shapes such as triforia window openings and semi-circular arches, with Byzantine and Gothic influences such as slim towers and upward-pointing lines. The buildings characterised by its many towers, gables and turrets.