Taehyung had put his laundry in a barrel and attached it to the donkey. It was his creative mind that put together these sorts of things. As he sat reading, a little boy observed what the donkey was doing.

"What's he doing?" the little boy asked.

Taehyung looked up and smiled at him, "The laundry." the little boy saw the book and wanted to learn, "Come."

As the laundry was being done, Taehyung was helping the little boy learn to read. He had been teaching the little boy how to read for a while now and enjoyed it very much. All he wanted to do was show people the magic and power of books.

After a while the headmaster of the school found Taehyung and the little Boy. Seeing that Taehyung was teaching the boy how to read, he was furious.

"That was amazing!" Taehyung cheered on the boy sitting in front of him.

"What on earth are you doing? Teaching another boy to read? Aren't you enough?" the headmaster asked. "Men are supposed to work and shouldn't waste their time on reading dumb books!"

The people's attention was now directed to Taehyung and the little boy.

"We have to do something." Clothilde said.

The two walked away later came back with the townspeople. Two of the men took Taehyung's laundry and dumped it into the street. Peré Robert went over, helped Taehyung pick it up and looked apologetic at the lovely boy who appreciated books.

-

Across town was Gaston looking at himself in the mirror. He was so caught up in himself that he was talking to himself in the mirror, "You are the wildest, most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. Nobody deserves you, but at least I know our children will be beautiful.

"Am I catching you at a bad time?" LeFou asked and chuckled shaking his head in disbelief.

Obviously annoyed by being interrupted, Gaston replied to LeFou in a slightly vicious tone, "What is it LeFou?"

"A certain damsel is in distress." LeFou told his friend and Gaston smirked at himself in the mirror.

"Well," Gaston said, fixing his appearance, "it's hero time. I'm not done with you yet." he said to his reflection and walked off. LeFou followed him.

Gaston hadn't reached Taehyung until he had made it home. "Taehyung, I heard you had trouble with the headmaster? He never liked me either." Gaston was behind the fence while Taehyung was inside of it. He started walking further through the garden and Gaston ran the fence trying to follow him. "Can I give you some advice about the villagers though? They're never going to trust the kind of change you're trying to bring." Gaston stepped over the fence and crushed one of the cabbages that was growing.

Taehyung saw this and sneered at the man, "How rude. You have no care for anything but yourself."

Taehyung huffed as he watched him stump one more of the cabbage, "All I wanted to do was teach a child to read." Taehyung told the man in front of him.

"The only children you should concern yourself with are," Gaston motioned between him and Taehyung, "your own."

Taehyung looked at him in digits and huffed, "That's enough, I want nothing to do with you." Taehyung sneered.

"And," Taehyung tried to make his way towards the house, but Gaston got in his way. "I'm not ready to have children."

He opened the gate and locked it behind him, preventing Gaston from getting through.

"Maybe you haven't met the right man." Gaston suggested leaning against the gate.

"It's a small village Gaston, I've met them all." Taehyung told him and left him there.

"Maybe you should take another look." Gaston suggested, unlocking the gate and following after him. "Some of us have changed."

Taehyung turned around and looked at him. Gaston had a sad smile on his face, "Gaston! We could never make each other happy! No one can change that much!" He slowly made his way up the steps.

"Oh Taehyung. Do you know what happens to spinster in this village after their fathers die?" Gaston turned and pointed to Agathe. "They beg for scraps like poor Agathe. This is our world Taehyung. For simple folk like us, it doesn't get any better."

Gaston at that point had grabbed on his long overziced dress shirt and climbed up the stairs. Taehyung once again stepped back towards the door and pulled his shirt away from his hands. "I might be a farm boy, but I'm not simple and I'm never gonna marry you Gaston. I'm sorry." Taehyung closed the door and left his standing there.

Taehyung went to the window, he waited until he knew Gaston had left. Once he was out of sight, he stepped outside to feed the chicken.

~L~