CHAPTER SEVEN | That Scene

MOST OF THE morning had been spent at home cleaning so it looks nice when Lizzie comes over. At the moment, I was cleaning the downstairs bathroom when I heard the front door open. There's no way she was getting here early before I could clean everything.

"There's a heavy smell of bleach in here." I heard the familiar say before clearing their throat.

"No you're right." The other voice spoke.

I put the paper towels and brushes down then walked out to the living room to see Taylor and Conan sitting on the couch. "I really need to start requesting money upon entry for you two." I said jokingly.

They looked at me with offended looks then they chuckled. After a few seconds they could finally say what they wanted to say. "Why does it smell like the cleaning section at Walmart in here?" Conan asked curiously.

"Are you having a girl over today?" Taylor asked with a smirk. I knew exactly what she was implying.

"First of all, no. and second of all, I'm cleaning the house for when Lizzie comes over to practice a scene." I explained honestly. "You guys are so dirty minded."

"We're just saying." Conan spoke. "Now where's the drinks for the guests?" He asked and looked around for them.

"I know you did not just ask me that." I replied with an annoyed tone. I gave him the death glare then went to the kitchen to make sure it was clean.

Taylor hit him on the arm then made sure to apologize for his actions. "So Lizzie is coming over to practice lines, are you ready for that?" Taylor asked curiously.

"I've practiced lines before, I mean I was in the career killer known as The Walking Dead." I replied. "I'm thankful for the job but after that show I haven't had any roles for anything till now." I explained to make it clear that I did in fact love the job.

"Good, so we're gonna go and leave you to this and I'll talk to Conan about his manners." She spoke and turned towards Conan with a smile. We said our goodbyes then they were gone.

I really question Conan sometimes.

It's time for another round of the waiting game but the house is clean. It's sad that it took someone coming over for it to be done but it's done. It's been stressful since work started again.

I probably should have asked which scene she wanted to work on before agreeing to anything. What did I agree to?

With the sound of a knock at the door, I walked over toward the door and opened it to see Lizzie with her script in one hand and a drink carrier with coffee in the other and a smile on her face. "Sorry I'm late, I went to get coffee for us." She spoke as I let her in. She set down the coffee and I closed the door then we sat down on the couch.

"I didn't think you'd get coffee." I replied and picked up my cup and took a sip. I really needed this after dealing with Conan earlier.

I still can't believe he said that to me.

"I got this call from Kevin earlier and he was telling me about this movie idea he had." Lizzie explained then began going into detail about everything he said. She even mentioned that he planned for her to be in this movie.

I really shouldn't be knowing this information. Between Scarlett and Lizzie, I know too much. Wait a second.

Scarlett mentioned an upcoming marvel movie and now Lizzie is telling me about this movie. What is Kevin planning? Whatever it is, he can have my money. He can take it all.

"Anyway, I just felt the need to talk about it and celebrate with someone." Lizzie spoke with a smile on her face full of excitement and I heard none of it. Oops.

"Well, I'm so happy for you, Lizzie." I replied with a smile then looked through my script. "Now which scene are you wanting to go over?" I asked her curiously.

"Just follow my lead and you'll figure it out." She spoke then we got up and moved the furniture around so we had enough room.

When she started her lines I knew where she was but I never read that far ahead in the script. I meant to but never got around to it.

This should be interesting.

Once we got to the end of the scene, I noticed Lizzie stopped reading the lines. I looked up from the script to see her staring at me. "this is our kiss scene, do you want to do this part or wait for tomorrow?" She asked nervously.

"I mean, we can try it now." I replied with the same amount of nervousness if not a little more. I haven't practiced a kiss scene since Once Upon A Time and that was years ago.

Lizzie nodded in response then she read the last line one more time then it was time for the kiss. We looked at each for a moment and slowly leaned in, our faces were inches apart when we both suddenly pulled away. "Well that was great." Lizzie spoke nervously and fast as she packed up things.

"Yep, fantastic. So see you tomorrow?" I replied the same way and looked at her with a nervous smile.

"Yeah, bye." She said then she was quick to leave.

Honestly I don't blame her.

After she left, I sat down to think about what just happened or what almost happened for that matter. This could have been my first kiss with Lizzie and we aren't even dating. Not to mention she ran out of here so fast. I still don't blame her for that. I would have done the same thing.

I'll see Lizzie tomorrow at work, I'm sure we can talk about this so it won't look awkward when we film that scene. It needs to look as natural as possible.

Me and Lizzie are friends, I'm sure after we talk about it things will be just fine.

I hope so anyway.

————————
brooke speaks!

finally, a chapter
to get the story
going into full
effect :)