Partner in Crime

Mia POV
I was angry at my brother, or to be truthful I was angry at my entire family.

That idiot broke my phone, and guess what? I got told off for blaming Adam for something he didn't do and my parents are not only not buying me a new phone, they want me to pay them the cost of that one first.

I hate this family so much. All I can do is study. I'm not allowed to date, I never kissed, I'm not allowed to go to any kind of parties, after school I have to go straight home. Fuck, I'm not even allowed to have friends.

Before my brother left to college we studied in the same school. It was fun. My brother was a star. He was allowed to do anything, my parents loved him to death. I was just there. Mom and dad would always compare us, or better say told me, an A star student how much better my brother is.

So my brother was Mr Popular. You might think that I was famous "Mr Popular's sister" but no. Most people didn't even know we were relatives. A nerd and the king. At least that what it was like till he got suspended. Before Miles came.

Miles wasn't my crush or anything like that, we weren't quiet friends either. We were partners in crime. I would never forget the day I met him. It all started when my brother offended Miles, Adam like always thought that he was better than everyone else and that no one would dare to go against him, he was so wrong.

So I was standing next to my locker totally unnoticed. At least I thought so. When I shut my locker, it was time to go home there stood a boy. He was tall, black hair was sticking out everywhere. His emerald eyes sparkled with mischief and he was grinning like a Cheshire Cat. To say that I was surprised is to not say anything. Why would a new boy all girls were whispering about would come and talk to me. Me, the school nerd.

He told me his name, Miles, in near future he'll become the school's bad boy, but I didn't know it then. That boy somehow knew my name. Which meant he knew that I'm Mr Popular's little sister. I knew him for over a year and I still don't know who told him that. I made up many reasons why this guy wanted to talk to Mr Popular's little sister, but what he said shocked me.

Revenge. That's what he wanted. No, he wasn't planning to kidnap me. And torturing and blackmailing me till I send him a photo of my brother wearing thongs so he can upload it onto social media. To be fair he didn't want anything from me, he was offering me revenge. And I just couldn't resist.

The plan was simple. It was based on the project my brother was doing for our school competition. They had to videos of school life which would later be shown to the new comers for judgment. Miles's idea was to break into the headmasters office and hack his computer and swap my brother's project with something Miles chose (later I found out it was LGBT porn videos, imagine faces of the new comers when they see this under the title "What we do at school."

We did it, and we nearly got caught. But it really worth Adam being suspended for a week. Miles and I became close. He taught me how to skateboard, I helped him with school work, he took me to parties, he taught me how to swear. As a secret I'll tell you; Miles swore worth than a drunken sailor. We pranked Adam many more times. But last year he disappeared. Apparently he went to America. To be fair at the age of 16 our paths went different ways so now I'm a loner. I never tried to contact him cause we ended on not very friendly conditions.

"Get ready we are going down." I heard Adam shout.

I smiled, snowboarding is one of a few things that still make me happy.