Mr Jameson

Mia POV

I woke up in the hospital. I yawned. God I'm tired. I'm totally blaming it on the medication they gave me. I do not sleep for 10 hours straight. Maybe for 24 hours, but 10 are you kidding me.

"You woke up!" I heard a woman in a white robe appeared in the room. "That is great. I would have recommended you staying here for a bit longer, but that rich snob wants everything quick. I don't care that there is a lot of paperwork to do. I don't give a sh¡t about it."

What a professional nurse or doctor, well whoever this is.

"Where are my parents?" I asked. The woman went pale. "And my brother?"

"It's not my job to tell you." she said and left. That was rude. What was so bad about me worrying about my family.

Ethan POV

I groaned. "Why do I need to do this sh¡t?"

I've been looking through those numbers and graphs and lot of other sh¡t for 2 hours, and I still didn't find what I need.

"Why do bears sh¡t in the woods?" was all I got from my father.

"Mother f*cker." I said under my breath.

"Won't argue, that's how you got born, or did you mom not tell you where kids come from?" why can't my father be like mom's friends' husbands? Why can't he be rich and snobby fat man who totally ignored their relatives and forget their children's names.

"Dad I know that you are good at come backs you don't need to prove it." I said. Before looking back at the papers dad gave me I noticed him grin.

Some people never grow up.

"Dad you are so childish." I said when noticed him making a paper airplane.

"I'm a millionaire, I can afford being childish. And you know I'm a man of the world." he noticed, "It's nice to know that I'm being noticed but your mom stuck in a faze of a high school girl who collects rumours.

"Darlings you won't believe what I just found out!" I heard mom.

"Here comes socialite." dad told winking.

All I could do was shake my head. What a family.

Mia POV

"Dead?" I couldn't believe it. It's all a prank. I'm sure Adam had a prank planned.

"I'm sorry." the lawyer said. But he obviously isn't a real lawyer, he is fake. Totally fake. Even so he looks exactly what a lawyer should look like this is fake. All fake. "From now on you'll be living with Mr. Jameson. He is filling some paperwork next door." the lawyer said with an apologetic smile.

Apologetic? What is he apologising for?

And then a man walked in, he was in his 40 was bold, had a grey eye. Like eye, because he had only one eye, like a one eyed pirate. Also he looked poor. Like very poor. This prank is no longer funny.

"Hello, you must be Mia. You are coming with me. I was an old friend of your father and I promised him that if something bad will happen to him I'll take care of his family. You never met me because your father and I stopped talking, due to our different social status. I, well, sort of adopted you." and he walked out making a gesture for me to follow.

As we walked down the streets everything looked even more ugly. There was more trash, less people. He stopped next to something big fully covered by fabric. As he turned around he threw something at me. I automatically caught it.

"Mia, it's not a joke. Your brother and parents died under the avalanche." he said whilst I was still looking at the new IPhone in my hands. But surprises just started because Mr Jameson pulled the fabric off of the item.

"Is that a Cadillac?" I whispered.

A grin appeared on Mr. Jameson's face.

"I'm rich Mia, I have lots of cars and houses all around the world. If I don't dress in Gucci and Chanel doesn't mean I don't have money for it. Now get in the car, we are going to the airport. Have you ever been to Florida?"