Underneath the Mask: Chapter Five

Hey guys! I hope everyone has a happy Valentine's Day whether or not you have someone to share it woth ( I don't, which sucks, but hey! maybe next year *doubtful*) Anyway, my BFF Cheesehead is freaking number two on the what's hot list for her freaking amazing story "Why did You do It?" I'm so proud of her and she entered the Watty Awards and you should go check it out and vote for her because the story is like truely amazing (plus she told me that I could have some of the money if she winss although I'm pretty sure she was joking... ahahah) but you should vote for her! :D

BTW this is a pretty good chapter. It kind of shows how Lyndon and Jessica are kind of a like in that they both have been faced with traumatic events in their lives.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Five

            Jessica sat down at the table in the corner she always sat at during lunch. She was so used to being alone all the time, so when Lyndon sat down across from her, she felt a little weird and self conscious. She didn't like how he was looking at her- like she was going to break any second. The only thing Lyndon didn't know was that Jessica was already broken and nothing he did was going to put her pieces back together. She didn't care if Marcus was caught and put in jail for the rest of his life. It wouldn't turn back time so that none of the sh*t that had happened would disappear and Jessica could have been a happy, normal girl.

            Jessica picked at the sandwich her mother had made for her the day before and stored in the fridge. She wasn't hungry. Come to think of it, Jessica was never hungry. Ever since she came home from rehab, food simply repulsed her for some incomprehensible reason. She didn't like the full feeling it gave her. Jessica liked feeling completely empty inside because that was what she was: empty.

            Jessica felt Lyndon looking at her, so he looked up at him and met his hazel eyes with hers. He was so gorgeous and he didn't even seem to notice it which just added to his hotness. When she had seen Lyndon this morning in nothing but a pair of boxer shorts, these old feelings rose up inside of her that hadn't been out in over three years: feelings of lust. And Jessica was scared. She was scared about how she felt about Lyndon.

Lyndon stared at Jessica. She was picking at her food again. She reminded him of this little baby bird he saved when he was little. His cat had first eaten its mother and it was about to the baby when Lyndon swooped down knocked his cat to the side and picked up the baby bird. It didn't know how to fly yet, so it wouldn't have been able to get away. Lyndon had taken the bird inside to show to his mom, who shrieked when she saw it and told Lyndon to put it back outside. She was just like the bird, fragile and helpless.

Jessica looked up and locked eyes with Lyndon. "Why are you staring at me?"

Lyndon shrugged. "I don't know. You're interesting, I guess."

Jessica's eyes widened and then she looked back down. "Well, stop f*cking look at me. It's creeping me out."

Lyndon shook his head in disbelief at Jessica and looked away from her and over at the table of girls who were all staring at him. He smiled and all the girls went crazy, giggling and blushing like maniacs. High school girls were confusing even then while Lyndon was an adult. He couldn't figure out why they were making such a big deal about him.

He finished the lunch Mrs. Falcone packed him and crumbled the brown paper bag into a ball and tossed it into the trashcan which was a couple feet from their table. "Nice shot," said a voice from behind. Lyndon turned around and that girl, Tulip, was standing behind him with a smile playing on her lips.