Underneath the Mask: Chapter Three

Does anyone even like this story? Tell me if you do because unless you tell me...  I WONT KNOW!!!!!!!!

*******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Three

Lyndon called a friend of his and ordered five high definition surveillance cameras and a couple alarm systems. The Falcone's already had a pretty advanced alarm system set up in their house, but Lyndon was FBI and had connections with some of the geekiest people in the world and therefore, had access to even better equipment.

He got off the phone with his nerd friend, Eugene, and was about to walk back into the house when a dark blue, Ford Explorer pulled into the driveway. A middle-aged man was sitting in the driver seat. Lyndon figured that the man was Mr. Falcone, Jessica's father and Lisa's husband.

The man got out of the truck and slammed the door before grabbing a leather suitcase. He was wearing a button up shirt, a tie, and pressed slacks and his thinning hair was combed to the side. The man spotted Lyndon standing on the front steps and smiled. He began walking towards Lyndon, his shined shoes clacking on the brick walkway. "Hello, you must be Agent Contreras," the man said in a deep and tired voice. As he got closer, Lyndon noticed the angry blue bruises under the man's eyes and the wrinkles around his eyes and mouth. From the files, Lyndon knew that Jessica's father was only forty four years old: however, he looked so much older just like Mrs. Falcone did. It looked like the kidnapping of their daughter had a very big effect on them both.

"Yes, sir," Lyndon said as Mr. Falcone got closer. Lyndon put his hand out and Gregory Falcone shook it with a strong grip, showing that he wasn't the kind of man to be messed around with. Lyndon liked that.

"I'm Greg Falcone, but you can just call me Greg," he said.

"It's nice to meet you. Greg."

"Likewise," Greg nodded and then his smile faded and his face turned serious and stressed, "So, have you met Jess yet?"

"Yes, I have met her. She's very..." Lyndon trailed off not being able to find any positive words to describe Jessica... just negative ones.

Greg sighed, "She's a very troubled girl. Ever since the incident she's never been the same."

"As anyone would in her situation."

Greg nodded. "Yes, that's very true. But, she's just so... She's so angry all the time and we've tried to get her help, but she just refuses to cooperate with any of the counselors and treatment. I hope that once the scum who did this to her is caught that she'll go back to her old self."

Lyndon highly doubted that but nodded his head anyway and said, "Well, Greg, I promise you that I'll protect your daughter and try my hardest to have justice served."

 Greg smiled, his eyes scrunching up again and clapped Lyndon on the shoulder. "Thank you, son, now let's go inside. I think I smell some food cooking."

Lyndon and Greg walked into the house which smelled like a mix of chicken and apple pie. They both went into the kitchen and Lyndon watched as Greg walked over to where his daughter was sitting on a stool with her head propped up in her hands and kiss her on the head murmuring something in her ear. She didn't acknowledge her father and an expression of hurt and despair washed over his face. Greg walked over to his wife who was standing in front of the oven with green oven mitts on and kissed her on the cheek. Lisa was much more responsive than Jessica. She leaned into her husband and shut her eyes like she was going to collapse any second. Lyndon could tell that the connection between Jessica's parents was a strong one. They had, after all, gone through a hell of a lot together.

Underneath the Maskजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें