Underneath the Mask: Chapter Six

Chapter Six! So the first paragraph is in Marcus's POV... he's a real creepy sonofabitch and he kind of gives you a hint of what he is gonna do. And then the rest is Jessica and she kind of says that she does like Lyndon.

I hope you like????

*******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter Six

Marcus watched as She reached out and touched the man's hand. Marcus's chest filled up with hate and anger and he imagined crawling from his cover in the tall, oak tree and slitting this man's throat and watching as every drop of his blood spilled onto the floor. She was Marcus's and nobody else's and whoever touched Her... was going to die.

Jessica quickly removed her hand from Lyndon's. What was she doing touching this man whom she had only known for only twenty four hours? She couldn't even stand touching her parents whom had given birth to her and raised and loved her, yet she was willing to reach out and touch someone she had only just met like it meant nothing in the world.

She picked up her book nonchalantly and simply stared at the page, not really being able to focus while Lyndon was still sitting on her bed not even four inches away from her. "You can leave now. I won't open my window," she uttered acrimoniously.

Out of the corner of her eye, Jessica saw Lyndon run his large, light brown hand through his short, spiky hair. Did he have any idea how he affected Jessica by doing that? Every move he made was sending her practically over the edge. She wanted to touch Lyndon twenty four seven and had to keep reprimanding herself for thinking such things.

Lyndon sat up, digging his hands deep into the pockets of his dark wash jeans. Jessica could see the spot where the taut skin of his lower stomach met the hem of his black Hanes boxers from where his shirt had ridden up when he had raised his arm. She quickly averted her eyes and tried to focus on her book. "By the way, Jess, you're reading your book upside down," Lyndon said, humor coating his voice as he sauntered out of Jessica's room.

She looked down and sure enough, the words were upside down. She threw it against the wall in anger and severely scolded herself for showing so much emotion like that. She walked to her door, shut it, locked it, and went to her desk. She sat down in the black office chair and unlocked the top drawer with the key she kept on a long chain around her neck.

Inside the drawer she kept her sketch book, the only door to her soul. Before the incident the sketchbooks had been full of happy self portraits of herself and her friends and hot male, movie stars full of vibrant and bright colors, but Jessica had destroyed those when she came home. She could not stand seeing the proof that she had once been happy, so she ripped out all the drawings and cut each and every one of them into tiny little pieces and flushed them down the toilet one by one. It was a long process, but after it was all done, Jessica had felt so much better. Then, she had gone to work on her new stuff: pictures full blacks, grays, dark purples, and splashes of reds. These colors were what expressed her life. Black and gray for her death after she was kidnapped, dark purple for all the things she had lost, and red for all the pain she had gone through.

Jessica took out her black charcoal stick and began to draw on a fresh piece of paper. She drew a chiseled face and jaw with the shadow of a beard, large, eyes, plump lips, and a pointed nose. Then, she drew broad shoulders, thickly muscled arms, a wide upper chest and narrow stomach and hips. She drew long, legs and then large, strong hands. She looked at her finished product and gasped.

She had drawn Lyndon.

***************************************************************************************************************

What did you think? What do you think Marcus is going to do? How do you think Jessica feels about Lyndon? Tell me!

Vote Fan Comment

Thanks

Love

Mel Bell <33