VII: Illumi

Illumi has just finished locating his target. He didn't expect that Chance was huge. It took him a month to get the hunter's license and another month to locate the target. He is getting impatient as time is being wasted.

He is now standing in front of the target's house. He was about to go inside, but his phone rang. He looked at the caller and answered.

"Yes, mom?"

"Illu!" his mom exclaimed, "Kil was gone again. Your father and grandfather let him out without my permission. Just when time is about to come. This is a very critical time for him. Why don't they understand?!"

Illumi sighed and massaged his temples. "Killua's being a pain. We need to have an intense discussion with him."

"Tell me about it! I don't know what to do anymore! Nobody's listening to me in this house!"

"That's not true mom. I listen to you."

"Oh, I know, but you're not here my son. I've missed you so much. When are you coming back?"

"Very soon. I have just located my target and am about to kill him now. I'll go home right after I'm done."

"Okay, good. Take care there, okay? Love you, my Illumi."

"Love you too mom."

He put his phone back in his pocket and sighed.

"I really need to teach Kil some serious lessons. But I'll deal with that later, I have some unfinished business to do."

He entered the gate, and immediately, an alarm went off. Armed bodyguards ran out of the house and guarded the entrance. Illumi shook his head.

"This is really getting annoying,"

"Who are you, and why are you trespassing?"

Illumi just walked straight and didn't mind them.

"Answer us or we'll shoot!"

He kept walking to them with a frown on his face, the guards fired their guns at him. But before the bullets could reach him, the guards were already dead. He threw his pins at them. He entered the house and saw that there were more guards, he simply threw more pins and killed all of them. He went upstairs and found his target's office and entered. Inside, he saw the man jump through the window. He was about to follow him, but a wall appeared in front of him. He felt a presence behind him and saw a muscular man. He also realized that they were enclosed in a metal wall.

"I'll be your opponent, assassin."

"I don't have time for this," he sighed.

"You won't have any more time after I kill you," the man smirked.

The muscular man released his Ren, but before he could attack, Illumi sliced both of his arms. Then he manipulated his blood and formed it into an ax. The man screamed in pain.

Illumi kicked through the wall and left. He looked towards the window and saw that his target was running down the stairs. He jumped to the bottom of the stairs and sliced his target in half, lengthwise, using the blood ax. Then the blood returned to its liquid form. He looked at his target and scoffed. He pressed the Zoldyck transmitter.

"My bad, I guess that was too much. This is not my usual killing method, but you made it difficult to kill you, so you don't deserve a quick death. And I was too angry,"

He left the house and rode an airship back to the Republic of Padokea.

After a two-hour trip, he finally got back to his hometown. He rode a bus to Kukuroo Mountain. Then he entered through the Testing Gate. As he opened it, he saw that Akame was on the other side waiting for him.