XIX: Forced Defiance

Kikyo was shocked at what she heard. For the whole month that they kept them apart, Illumi never mentioned her name, he never gave her a thought. That is why Kikyo thought that this is all going well, but now Illumi wanted to be with her... again.

"What?" she asked.

"I said I'm taking Akame for my next mission."

"Why? Are you interested in your target's abilities?"

"Yes, this one." Illumi showed her the ability he wanted.

"Transparent World?" Kikyo read the portfolio. "An ability that allows him to see the muscles, blood flow, and joint movement of his opponents. He can accurately predict and anticipate the movements and attacks of his opponents with this ability... Why would you want this Illu?"

"It seemed convenient," he shrugged.

"But can't you already predict your opponent's move?"

"Yes, but it's not always accurate...Why mom? Am I not allowed to use Akame?"

"NO!" Kikyo was shocked but she recovered immediately. "I mean, no. You are allowed of course. I just can't believe you'd like that ability... Anyway, when will you do it?"

"When she comes back"

"Okay...I'll just tell your father about it."

Akame and Kalluto have just finished talking with the Phantom Troupe. They are already finished with the plan to face Hisoka, they were just going to wait for him to find them. And with that, Kalluto decided to go back to Kukuroo Mountain and do his missions. He doesn't want to sit around and wait for the battle like the other Spiders, but he asked them to call him if the battle will happen.

Kikyo went to Silva's room and told him what had happened.

"What should we do?" Kikyo asked.

"I'll go with them and keep an eye. I'll make sure they won't remember anything."

"Okay, good."

Silva prepared himself for that mission, he told Tsubone to take care of the documents and take note of clients that may call. So she did, and she also told Zeno about the issue since he asked her to tell him everything that happens in the household.

"Illumi wanted to take Akame?"

"Yes, master"

"Is this what I've been waiting for..." he muttered.

"What's that, master?"

"Nothing. Uhm, are they going alone?"

"No, master. Master Silva will be coming with them."

"What? Why?"

"Master Silva said something about them not remembering anything."

"I see," Zeno nodded. "You are dismissed."

Illumi has just stepped out of the shower. He looked around and sighed. He still feels empty. When he first felt this, he thought he was just homesick (although he was never homesick) but now that he's home, that doesn't seem to be the case.

He looked at the portfolio again. 'Transparent World' he read. He never wanted the ability, but somehow he wants to take Akame in his mission and this can be the only way to do it since his mother was cautious of them.

'Butler's are not allowed to have an emotional attachment to us. And we are not allowed to form the same attachment to them. But why? Why do I want to be with you, Akame? Why?!'