XVI: Chasing Killua p.2

Killua was driving the airship when Akame appeared beside him. Alluka was sleeping silently on the sofa at the side.

"Akame? What are you doing here?"

"Illumi wanted to know your plan. He thinks you're lying."

Killua noticed the red mark on her cheek and frowned.

"Did he hurt you?"

"No. I'm fine. I'm not hurt. Just please, Killua-sama, what is your plan? How will you heal your friend without putting your family at risk."

"I told you, Akame. I can't tell them. They'd only want to control her."

"I'm not allowed to leave you two until you tell me."

"Fine by me. I don't think you should stay with him anyway. He'd just hurt you again."

Akame was hurt at what he said. It saddens her that Killua sees Illumi as a heartless monster that only hurts people. But he is more than that. It's sad that he can't see it.

"Your brother is not a monster. He only cares for you."

She quietly went to the sofa and sat on a space beside Alluka. She offered to drive the airship but Killua won't let her. She ran her hand along Alluka's hair. She felt guilty holding remorse at this child. She didn't know what she went through.

She heard Killua talking to someone on the phone. She heard that hunters were sent to hunt on Illumi. At first, she was worried, but she knows that he can handle it using his Needle people. Although she knows that he hates wasting his time killing unnecessary people. She decided to just stay with these two as she was instructed. After a while, he talked to Canary and told him to prepare a car where they'd land.

Killua, Alluka, and Akame stepped out of the airship and rode the car that was waiting for them. She opened the door to the two kids and sat on the passenger seat. He was shocked when he saw that Hishita, the driver, had a needle on his forehead.

"What's wrong?" Killua asked when he heard Akame's shock.

"N-nothing, master."

Killua just ignored it and told Hishita to drive. Then one of Illumi's Needle People appeared in front of the car. Killua told him to change route but he then revealed the needle on his forehead. Killua became terrified. He questioned Akame, but he made sure and kept an eye on her during their trip. It couldn't be her who told Illumi where they are.

A bunch of Needlemen appeared, but what shocked him more was when Illumi stepped out of the shadows...

"I-I'm sorry, Killua-sama...I-I didn't know"

"It's fine"

Killua and Alluka stepped out of the car to confront Illumi. Akame chose to stay inside the car since she still can't go to Illumi. She still hadn't got the answer from Killua.

Killua looked at his brother angrily. 'How? How could he have followed me? I flew above the clouds, so they wouldn't see me from the ground. And I made sure that Akame was not contacting anyone. I had my eyes on her the whole time. How?!'

Illumi looked at his younger brother intently. He then looked at Akame who was still in the car, then smirked. He saw the confusion in Killua's face and the scared look of Alluka, so he spoke.

"Killua, what are you hiding from me about Alluka?"

Killua thought of a plan to escape, but it was too impossible. "How did you know we were here?"

"If I tell you, you have to give me Alluka"

"No. Forget I asked."

Akame looked at all of them silently from the car. She was so scared to go out. A battle between the oldest brother and the heir will be dangerous. She knows how capable these two are, and putting Alluka who has out-of-the-world ability into the mix just adds danger. She is also scared of facing Illumi since she still hasn't done his order. She looked at Killua, and he looked intimidated and worried.