15 Years Later...

The horizon was a painted canvas. Soft baby pink faded into the lavender as clouds streaked across, reflecting the sun's ray's. The water mirrored everything, though, slightly distorted. The waves rose and fell gently, disappearing out of eye range. The cool summers breeze brushed against every surface it could, longing for touch.

The boy sat with his feet in the cool water, admiring its tenderness around his ankles. He ran his hand through the liquid, pouring some on his head to cool him down. His brown eyes so dark, they looked nearly black, just like his fathers. The wind lifted his dirty-blonde hair and fanned it out. The boy's mind drifted to the thoughts he thought of every night. He longed to know the truth. Every day that passed, thoughts of them would arise, and he would fall even deeper into a confused rut. He pulled his knees into his chest and rested his chin on them, sighing.

"You know," a voice interrupted the peace, "Every night I watch you come out here and watch the same sunset over and over,"

The boy turned to face the source. His pink lips curled into a small smile. There stood a good friend of his. His familiar kempt hair, dimples, brown eyes that narrowed due to his race, the man he called Uncle Minho. Minho looked a little older, graying a bit, he developed a few wrinkles, still bragging about his good looks. He crossed his arms.

"I know that it bugs you kid. I wish they were here, too," Minho gave the boy a solemn smile.

The boy turned around and sighed, looking back into the open air, "But it's not the same. You got to meet them, talk to them, know what they look like. I don't even know their voice,"

Minho sighed and took a seat next to him, "Listen, Lee, I know it's hard not being able to remember your parents. For as long as I remember, I don't," he stared out into the horizon, "For what it's worth, you got his eyes, his hair, his facial features, his built, as for your mom, you got her personality, her freckles, her mind-set,"

Lee looked over to the Asian.

"You got the life she would've wanted for you," Minho locked eyes.

"They left me too early, Min," Lee's eyes teared.

Minho nodded, pulling his knees into his chest as well, "They did indeed. When your dad died, I tried so hard to pull Jessica away. She just kept crying, which was strange. She never cried, never shown emotion, never showed that she cared, even when you knew she did,"

"My mom was a mystery?" Lee scrunched his face.

Minho chuckled, "Oh, yeah. Newt was the only guy who was able to discover her secrets. It was like your dad was her kryptonite,"

Lee chuckled, "They sound like people I would've wanted to meet,"

"You would've," Minho smirked, "When we were in the maze, your mother slapped Newt across the face so many times,"

"Why?" Lee laughed.

Minho's face fell. The sound of Lee's laughter reminded him too much of his fathers. The low growl at the back of his throat just made him picture Newt's face over his.

"Because he was scared to tell her he loved her,"

Lee furrowed his eyebrows. He had heard one too many stories of his mom being the scariest person in that Glade, how she hadn't barred her teeth until one of her good friends had died. He was told how shocked everyone was when she showed her slightly yellow teeth. Her smile was beautiful, so he was told, it lit up a room whenever she walked in. Her presence was well known to everyone in the Safe-Haven, giving Lee a reputation at birth.

Minho turned back to the water, "Within the first year of Jessica getting to the maze, she fell in love with your dad, although she didn't want to admit it, and Newt was the only oblivious one,"