Chapter 09

Awakening Truth

I jolted awake by a hand covering my mouth. Looking up, I realized who it was. Newt, my boyfriend, stood above me with a smile. He moved his hand and gestured for me to follow him. It was still dark out, but it was getting lighter, which suggested that it was early in the morning. I slipped on my shoes and followed quietly as he walked. Newt walked out onto the pier and down to the beach before turning around to smile at me. He reached his hand out and as I took it, he continued to walk. I was too tired to talk, so I didn't even ask where he was taking me. After walking about 100ft, he stopped and sat down.

"Where are we?" I yawned.

'Shhh,' was all he said. I rolled my eyes and sat beside him, staring out into the ocean. Thirty minutes rolled by and the sky started to light up orange, making me smile.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He asked.

I nodded and glanced over at him, "Why'd you bring me out here?"

"I figured beauty and beauty should meet,"

I rolled my eyes again, "Cheesy."

Newt leaned over, cupped his hand on my cheek, and turned my head to face him, "At least you know I mean it."

He leaned in and kissed me passionately, I quickly obliged. I wrapped my hand around his wrist and held it there. He scooted closer to me never breaking contact, which happened to deepen the kiss. Instinctively, I wrapped my free arm around his neck and leaned back onto the sand. Newt followed and laid atop of me. I pulled back and looked into his eyes. His eyes were shimmering in the sunrise. They were glazed over with a hard look of lust, which contrasted to his chocolate brown orbs.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He smiled, "I am if you are. Are you sure?"

I smiled back, "I'm sure."

He leaned in for another kiss, but this time it was a bit rougher. His hand traveled from my cheek to my hip in an instant, as if he were a greedy kid in a candy store. I let out a little moan as he reached my collar bone. The moment was so passionate, so intimate, so ornate. He was careful, gentle, and thoughtful all in one. I knew Newt would never hurt me, that's why I gave in so easily. He touched, kissed, and gave attention to all the right places. That's how I knew I could trust him.

**

I slid in front of the concrete bench and pulled Newt down with me, as I did, he started to have a coughing fit.

"Newt, how are you feeling?" Minho asked.

Newt groaned, "Terrible. It's good to see you though."

Minho crawled over to the others and started speaking with them. My stomach churned rapidly, my throat started to burn and I began to heave. All of a sudden, it felt as if my guts were being pulled out of my mouth and hung up as decorations. Yellow liquid flew from my mouth and onto the floor. I groaned as I spit and wiped my mouth.

"This is the second time you threw up today. Are you okay?" Newt asked. 

"I'm fine," 

"No, you're not. You've been throwing up a lot lately. Why?"

I hesitated and thought back to that day, "I don't know Newt. Once I find out I'll tell you."

"You better," he chuckled.

I helped him unzip his jacket.

"Hey, Newt, let's get you up," Thomas said, reaching down to grab Newt's arm.