32. Fornax's secret

Fornax and Michelle staggered up the stairs to the house, Fornax's arm slung around her waist to support her weight as she nearly tripped upon entering

The two entered the living room drunkenly giggling, stumbling into a two person sofa that stood in front of the fireplace.

"I had fun tonight." Michelle said, leaning back against the soft cushions and closing her eyes.

"Me too." He said, slinging an arm around her shoulders and bringing her in for another hug.

"Wouldn't have taken you for a hugger." She murmured, head buried in his chest.

"I'm a man of many mysteries." He chuckled, slightly slurring his words.

They stayed like that for a while, Michelle would've been content to fall asleep like this, but a voice suddenly brought her back to reality.

"Michelle?" George whispered, standing in the entrance of the living room.

"What the fuck." Michelle drawled, jumping up and startling Fornax awake, who'd already started to dose off.

"I've been searching for you for ages." He said, stepping closer to her. "I was so worried something had happened to you."

"Uhm, do you know this guy?" Fornax asked Michelle, his expression that of utter confusion.

"He's an annoying guy I know from school." She answered, furrowing her brows in confusion. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I-" George visibly gulped. "You don't remember me?"

"What am I supposed to remember about you?" She exclaimed. "I've never even spoken to you once."

"Michelle, I'm your boyfriend." He said. "Draco's parents kidnapped you."

"Why would they do that?" She asked. "They wouldn't do that, right Nax?"

As she looked toward Fornax, he gazed at the ground, an expression of shame on his face.

"Michelle, please hear me out for a second." George begged. "I'll explain everything."

"Go on." She stated, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Last term, you and I fooled around, a lot." He started explaining. "Then it became something more serious, especially when you discovered that Antonin wasn't your real father. You're the daughter of James and Lily Potter, which makes you Harry's older sister."

"You're lying." She scoffed. "Tell me this isn't true." She looked toward Fornax once again, searching his eyes for answers.

"It is." He gulped, not wanting to look her in the eyes.

"And you knew this all along?" She exclaimed, fury shining in her eyes.

"I- I didn't know you joined the Potter boy and his friends willingly." He pleaded. "Lucius told me they took you against your will."

"Don't make me laugh." George drawled. "She's clearly been obliviated, You're meaning to tell me you didn't know that?"

"I knew she was." He said. "I just thought it was in her best interest."

"How do I know you're telling the truth." Michelle questioned, her mind already spinning.

"Look at your dark mark." George pointed toward her arm. "You and Draco got tattoos to cover it together. It's a doe, your real mother's patronus."

She stared at the tattoo, knowing deep down he was telling the truth, but was still too stubborn to accept it.

"If i'm not a death eater and aligned myself with Harry Pottter." She started. "Why aren't you stopping him from telling me this, then?" She looked toward Fornax.

"I was wondering the same thing." George stated. "Why let me ramble on if you're one of them."

Fornax looked at the ground for a long time, contemplating what to say.

"Because I'm on your side." He said. "I want to bring Voldemort down, for what he did to my father."

Michelle's and George's mouths fell open, not knowing what to say to that.

"Shit." Fornax sighed, rubbing his hands over his face as he leaned back in the sofa. "I've managed to keep my real intentions hidden for years. I don't know why I'm telling you this."

"Maybe you could start with who your father was." George suggested, relaxing slightly.

"My full name is Fornax Leo Black." He said. "My father was Regulus Black, brother to Sirius Black, who I'm sure you know by now."

"I never knew Regulus, He died before I was even born." He sighed. "My mother didn't want anything to do with the Black family, so she sent me off to France and enrolled me in Beauxbatons."

"How did you end up back here in England, then?" George asked, starting to feel sympathetic toward the boy.

"My mother got ill and died. I dropped out of school and came back here after that." He explained. "She left me the address to Grimmauld place, where I found my dad's stuff along with an explanation of what he did to try and stop you-know-who."

He then explained to them the brief story of how his father, Regulus Black, had risked his life to try and destroy something that would help conquer Lord Voldemort.

"I don't know more than that, though." He finished. "Just that he was willing to lay down his life for something that would kill a part of Voldemort."

"So, you're not really a death eater?" Michelle asked, trying to piece everything together despite months of memories lost.

"No. And neither are you." He said. "I was wrong to assume you wouldn't join Harry Potter willingly. I'm sorry"

"What now?" She asked, looking from Fornax to George.

"You go with the ginger." Fornax stated. "I stay here, take the blame for letting you out of my sight and letting you leave. It'll create a strain in the bond I managed to make with the Dark Lord, but I'll manage."

"You're sure you want to keep this charade up?" George asked. "Who knows what he or Lucius will do to you once they find out."

"They won't find out unless I want them to." He simply stated. "I'm a very convincing actor."

"No shit." Michelle mumbled, deep in thought about everything that had just been revealed.

"What if I tell Harry and the others about you?" George suggested. "We could work together."

"Only Harry." He said. "I don't want to risk too many people knowing."

George nodded. "We'll keep in contact." He began walking toward the exit of the house, stopping once to glance back at Michelle. "I'll wait outside."

Michelle looked at Fornax for a long while, she'd never been this confused in her whole life.

"Were we ever really friends?" She asked. "Or was that your impeccable acting too."

"Of course we are." He smiled. "Don't forget me when you get your memories back, alright."

She chuckled as he pulled her in for yet another long hug.

"Be careful." She said as she turned around and walked out of the house, joining George Weasley.