22. Lilly's eyes

Michelle decided to hide in the shadows while she watched a worried Harry Potter standing at the middle of a big rock

Michelle decided to hide in the shadows while she watched a worried Harry Potter standing at the middle of a big rock. A strange portal with white light was shining behind him. surrounded by his friends being held against their will.

Lucius started chuckling as he approached harry once more. "Did you actually believe... or were you truly naive enough... to think that children stood a chance against us." He circled Potter like a vulture waiting for its next prey. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now. Or watch your friends die."

harry seemed to be considering his options as he looked around at all of his helpless friends.

"Don't give it to him Harry!" Neville tried.

Harry shakily handed the orb to Lucius. And at that exact moment, no other than Sirius Black himself appeared behind him.

"Get away from my godson." He stated before punching Lucius in the face hard.

Flashes of white appeared all around them and the teenager were quickly released from the Death Eaters grips as several other witches and wizards appeared. Spells were cast everywhere she looked and Michelle hid behind one of the large boulders, covering her ears with her hands.

She took a peek and saw her father and Lucius duelling Harry and Sirius Black in front of the large portal. Antonin being disarmed by Harry, and Lucius blasted back by Sirius. She looked around and saw another Death eater aiming his wand at Potter.

She didn't know what came over her as she ran towards the boy and his godfather, jumping in front of him and quickly casting a counter spell. Stopping it from hitting Harry and bouncing back towards the dark figure.

Harry and Sirius were visibly confused. Michelle took her mask off and turned to the two of them. She had never seen harry look so surprised.

"I'm so sorry Harry." Michelle said. As Harry opened his mouth to say something, another spell was cast in their direction.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Harry and Michelle looked at Sirius as he was hit by a flash of green light. His eyes wandering between the both of them. A sweet smile appeared on his face as he studied Michelle's eyes.

"You've got Lilly's eyes." He said, before disappearing into the thick mist that clouded the portal.

" He said, before disappearing into the thick mist that clouded the portal

Everything that happened next was a blur. Michelle sunk to her knees and stared at the ground. Unable to move, speak or even hear anything clearly.

The only thing she remembers is Harry shouting and her old professor Lupin stopping him from trying to go into the mysterious portal himself. Harry got free from his grasp and ran after Bellatrix Lestrange, the person who'd just killed his only other living family member. Or so she'd thought.

Lupin walked over to her and crouched down. "It's over Michelle, It's going to be okay now."

She started sobbing at the kindness of this person who had been her enemy mere minutes ago.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't know.. I didn't know they were going to do this."

Lupin took her in his arms and let her cry until she ran out of tears. He then picked her up and the two apparated to an old house.

Her professor carried her towards a room she guessed was the dining room and sat her down in one of the wooden chairs. Her eyes followed him as he went from room to room, gathering medical supplies. He returned to a still shaken Michelle and started bandaging the deeper cuts he couldn't heal with magic.

"I'm sorry I can't heal those right now. I'm more educated in the dark arts you see."

Michelle nodded and couldn't help but notice his shaking hands. She grabbed one of them and gave him a sympathetic look.

"Are you okay professor?"

"You can call me Remus. And I will be, over time. Sirius was a close friend of mine you see." He answered while clearly trying to keep his emotions at bay.

"What he said to me back there. Is it true?"

"Do you by any chance have a birth mark on your neck, Michelle?"

She took her thick dark hair in one hand and brushed it over the other side of her neck, exposing her doe-formed birth mark. Remus looked at it for a while before smiling and starting to tear up.

"We found you after all."

He started explaining all of Michelle's history, which she had been craving for her entire life.

"16 years ago, the Potters gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. The only ones who knew about this were Sirius and I, they were planning on telling everyone else the next day. But sadly before they could break the news to anyone, their little girl was abducted from her own room. Upon seeing her crib empty and the window wide open, they came to Sirius and I for help. We all searched for her for months, but no trace was ever found. The Potters decided to keep her entire birth and abduction a secret, as the hurt was just to much. So out of respect for them, Sirius and I kept quiet and never mentioned it again. One year later they had Harry. Even though they never forgot about their little girl, they were hopeful once more. That didn't last long of course, seeing as they- as they.."

"They died. An-and that makes me an orphan." Michelle said while staring at the ground.

"Well actually, you'll never really be an orphan Michelle. Since the Potters chose to make me your godfather right before you were taken from them."

Michelle started silently sobbing and Remus took her in his arms once more.

"You're not alone Michelle, not anymore."