11. Hogsmeade

There'd been a few Hogsmeades weekends already, where students with parental permission could wander around the cozy little town

Michelle skipped all of these because her Slytherin friends hated the place. Juniper had gone once or twice and told her all about it. They were discussing the next hogsmeade weekend in an empty corridor.

"Please just come with Luna and I. It would mean the world to me." Juniper said with the cutest expression she could possibly put on.

"June, you know I want to but I just can't! the Slytherins will figure it out if they see me leave." Michelle said, shooting her friend a sympathetic smile.

"Ugh I hate this!" Juniper exclaimed.

They were hugging eachother tightly as another voice entered the conversation.

"What's this about you not wanting to go to Hogsmeade, then?" George suddenly interrupted.

"What the hell Weasley, how do you always find me in abandoned corridors?" Michelle said as she let go of Juniper and turned to George.

"That's a secret I'll never tell." He said smirking .

"Yuck. Anyway, I can't go to hogsmeade because my stupid Slytherin friends will see me leave and figure out my friendship with June." She said, leaning back against the wall.

Juniper had already explained their whole secret friendship to the twins and Luna back at the forbidden forest. So there was no point in hiding it from them anymore.

"Well I can help you with that M'lady." He said while bowing with one hand on his chest and the other on his lower back.

George explained the secret tunnel out by the statue. They made up a plan where George and Michelle would go through the tunnel together while Luna and Juniper went to Hogsmeade the traditional way.

They would wait for her outside Honeydukes.

Saturday came quicker than expected. Michelle had gotten ready for her day at hogsmeade and was now walking towards George Weasley, who was hiding behind a pillar. On the lookout for any students who could possibly disturb them.

"Alright Weasley, let's go through your secret tunnel then." Michelle said in a loud and obnoxious voice.

She was thankful that the boy wanted to share this secret with her. But that didn't mean she couldn't annoy him.

"Keep your voice down Dolohov!" George exclaimed with a stunned expression on his face, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her behind the pilar.

The two of them waited for a few more minutes before sneaking to the statue and making their way inside.

As soon as George shut the door they could see nothing but complete darkness. They both lit up the tip of their wands and Michelle looked out in front of her.

"I can't see shit." She stated.

George reached out his hand towards her. Michelle looked at it confused.

"Do you want me to hold your hand? Is itty bitty Weasley scared?" She mocked.

"come on Dolohov, don't make this any harder. I have to lead you through the tunnel." He said.

"Absolutely not." She said, crossing her arms.

"Michelle please. Do you trust me?" He tried.

"Let me think about that for a seco- No!" Michelle quickly exclaimed.

George groaned and grabbed her hand himself before beginning to lead the way through the dark tunnel.

They'd only been walking for about 5 minutes when Michelle got bored yet again.

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"What about, in like 2 minutes?"

"Still no."

"Why's your hand so sweaty?"

George turned around so aggressively that Michelle bumped into his chest.

"Look Dolohov, if you don't want to be here we can just turn around."

She looked up at his barely illuminated face with a displeased expression.

"No." She softly said.

"So you want to go forward, yeah?"

"yes." She said in the most monotone voice she could muster.

He stared deeply into her eyes. It seemed as though he wanted to say something else. But he closed his mouth and turned back around.

"What were you going to say?" Michelle tried when they continued walking.

"It's nothing. Never mind."

"You know I'm not going to stop asking you until you tell me, right?"

This conversation went on for at least another ten minutes. Michelle wanted to know what he wanted to say and George fully ignored her. She could tell he was growing more annoyed every second. Just what she wanted.

After another five minutes the tunnel seemed to be getting brighter. George reached up and patted the ceiling with his hand. A big stone slab came loose and George shoved it aside.

"Ladies first." he said stepping aside, letting Michelle climb through the big opening.

There was only one small problem. She couldn't reach. After trying to jump up about fifteen times she heard George start to softly chuckle.

"Look, you're never going to reach. I'll just lift you up a bit. Don't freak out on me, okay?"

Before Michelle could protest and say that she absolutely didn't want him anywhere near her. He'd already tightened his arms around her legs and lifted her up into the air.

She let out a loud squeal and George quickly covered her mouth with his hand.

"Will you ever shut up Michelle." he laughed.

She looked down at him into his brown eyes as he slowly removed his hand from her mouth and put it back behind her legs.

They stood there for a while. Just staring into each others eyes. But then George shook his head.

"Dolohov you're starting to get really heavy."

"Uh yeah, right." she said as she grabbed onto the floor of the shop above her and pulled herself up through the entrance.

George followed swiftly. They both made their way out of the shop quietly and Michelle was about to walk over to Luna and Juniper when George grabbed her arm.

"About what I wanted to say back in the tunnel. You've got beautiful eyes."

He let her go with a sweet smile and a quick wink before walking away. All Michelle could do was stare at his back and wonder what had just happened.