19. The dark mark

George quickly pulled his sweater back over his bare torso and paced up and down the room with his hands on the back of his head

George quickly pulled his sweater back over his bare torso and paced up and down the room with his hands on the back of his head. Clearly trying to figure out what to do next.

"Please just let me explain." Michelle tried reasoning.

"What the hell is there to explain Michelle? You're a fucking death eater!" He snapped.

"You know who my father is George, do you think I ever even had a choice?"

"well what would you've chosen if you had a choice?" He asked as he looked into her eyes with a slightly hopeful expression.

"W-what?"

"You heard me."

Michelle looked at the ground as she didn't know how to answer that. She'd never even thought about this before. She supposed she would've chosen to become a death eater if they asked her back then. But a lot has changed since.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." he said as she took too long to answer. He picked up his beanie and started to storm out of the room.

"Wait."

George turned around and faced her once more.

"Please don't tell anyone."

George scoffed. "I won't tell anyone your dirty little secret, as long as you stay the fuck away from me."

The Hufflepuff common room, 9pm

Michelle was sitting on her best friends bed, contemplating what to say or do.

She didn't even remember getting back to the castle. She'd entered her friends room and upon seeing her Juniper pulled her into a tight hug, immediately knowing something had really upset her. They were now sat on Junipers bed.

"You can tell me whenever you want Chelle, take your time."

Michelle nodded while keeping her eyes focussed on the bedsheets who seemed very interesting all of the sudden. She took a deep breath and slowly rolled up her sleeve, exposing her dark mark.

"Before you say anything, please let me explain."

Juniper nodded while staring at the mark Michelle had just revealed. She could see her friend was trying her hardest not to look too shocked.

"I was initiated last school year. I just want you to know that I didn't have a choice. If they would've asked me back then I would've said yes, but so much has changed now. I genuinely don't know what to think or do anymore."

They sat in silence for a while as Juniper was processing this information.

"But just know that I love you so much and I would never do anything to hurt you. You mean the world to me Juniper, I hope you know that."

Juniper looked at her, tears already starting to roll down her cheeks. Then she did the most amazing thing. She embraced Michelle in a bone crushing hug.

"It's okay, we'll figure it out together." She sobbed into Michelles shoulder.

Both girls started weeping and laughing at the same time as they held each other tightly.

The weeks went by as Michelle started to spend more time with Juniper and occasionally Luna in public

The weeks went by as Michelle started to spend more time with Juniper and occasionally Luna in public. She felt herself starting to change.

George still avoided her like the plague, but she was okay with that now. She'd accepted it.

Juniper had convinced her he'd reacted this way out of fear. And that he would come around sooner or later, like he always did.

Michelle really was working on herself. Trying to be nicer to people in general.

She opened up to her Slytherin roommates as well. And as it turns out, they're really not as bad as she initially thought they were. Olivia and another roommate called Jasmine even hung out with Juniper, Luna and Michelle from time to time.

She was genuinely feeling better about herself and all she had gone through.

The term ended on a rather good note and Michelle returned to the Malfoy manor satisfied with herself.

That was until she saw a man with black hair and a scruffy beard stare back at her in the entrance hall of the house.

Her father.