Chapter 10

So I wrote a new version of this story. You will see stuff from this story but its going to be somewhat different than this story. First chapter is up. Thank you for reading.

I knock on the door Adam disappeared to softly. "Adam?"

I hear a crash and I knock on the door furiously. "Adam. please open the door. I wanna talk to you."

"I don't wanna see you or talk to you. So go away" He slurs.

I stop knocking and ask him, "Are you drinking in there?"

"Like you care" He said in a mean voice

I roll my eyes and sigh, "Yes I do care Adam. You're my boss and I'm your assistant. It's kinda my job to take care you in a situation like this-"

"We can change it you know" He said his voice sounded close.

I furrow my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"We can change you from my assistant to something more" He said.

I sigh again. "That's what I want to talk to you about Adam so please open the door"

He groans. "Fine" and I heard footsteps and clicking then the door open.

There stood Adam with teary and really tired eyes and a red nose. I feel guilty. But also proud that I made him cry.

He looks at me and opens the door a little bit wider so I could come in. I went and was disappointed to see inside. There was only a bed, a nightstand, and some cupboards. I don't know why I was disappointed though. Maybe it's because I didn't really expect to see this. Maybe I was expecting to see a- I don't know!

The door slamming brought me back to reality. I turn around to look at Adam only to be knocked over by him. I wince as my butt touched the floor. He looks down at me, turn away and take a glass full of wine and drink it all in one gulp. Wow!

"No it's okay, I'm perfectly fine. Thanks for asking." I said sarcastically as I get up from the floor.

He ignores me and pours some wine in an empty glass and gives it to me. I slowly take it from him a take a sip. He walks away and sits on the edge of the bed.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asks as look down at the floor.

"What you said to me a few minutes ago." I said as I walk toward the bed and sit next to him.

"What about it?"

I look at my glass and said, "It's just- I-I don't really know anything about you. I don't know you that well to love you. And you have been a jerk ever since I stared working here and I didn't really like you then." He immediately looks up when I said that I didn't like him then.

"Wait! You said you didn't like me then so that means you like me right?" He asks with hope in his voice.

I get up from the bed and started pacing in front of him. "I-I- I don't know. Maybe. I'm not really sure." I shuttered.

I look over at him to see him looking at his shoes. "Oh" he said with disappointment on his voice.

He hurt me to hear him talk like that. I quickly said, "But I can give you a chance you know"

He looks up at me with a huge smile on his face. "Really?"

I smile and nodded. "Yep. But on one condition."

"Name it."

"You have to be nice, and good to me. Understand" I tell him like I was talking to a child.