Chapter 114

Jiang Li was still some distance away from Sister He. She just screamed and alarmed the man. He gave up the syncope woman on the ground and disappeared into the air.

Jiang Li shouted, "Stop right there!"

She looked at the leaves in the woods, and then at Sister He lying on the ground. She gave up chasing and helped the woman on the ground.

Jiang Li patted He Songye's face, "You... wake up."

He Songye waited for a while before opening her eyes. Her delicate eyes clearly reflected the confusion and... shock.

"You, you..." He Songye groaned. She poked at Jiang Li hard, unable to speak.

"Do you feel uncomfortable-" Jiang Li asked.

The next second, Jiang Li also fainted.

When Jiang Li woke up again, it was already dark outside. She woke up in the vacant farmhouse of the brigade. Since Hezitun divided its fields, this farmhouse had been vacated and a thick layer of dust had settled.

She gathered her spirits, looked down at the watch in her hand, and found its hand pointed to the seven.

Jiang Li wiped her face and jumped in a hurry. She ran out of the toolroom.

Jiang Li quickly ran into the reeds along the river, following the fresh footprints around her. In winter, the reeds along the river swayed into white reed flowers, and the wind blew and fluttered.

Jiang Li quickly picked up a stone and threw it at the silhouette of a head in the swinging reeds.

Her physical strength is inherently weaker than that of men, even before she inhaled the bit of drug. Throwing away a stone in the past exhausted her, let alone now.

The man stopped and threatened with a sombre and weird tone.

Jiang Li was not afraid when she heard that. She looked around to find no one else. She felt regretful that she didn't go and wake the family up before this.

She was all alone at this very moment and was in a passive situation.

The self-preservation nature of man-kind prompted her to think about whether to run immediately, to go back and alert others, or to stay and scare him, so she could guard He Songye. She may have to confess here if she doesn't run, but someone who has lost her life after running away. In particular, Jiang Li just realized that the man threw her in the farmhouse's toolroom. It could've been to let her go and not dare to provoke her.

He must've known her.

She pressed down the fear in her heart and stopped running.

So Jiang Li squatted in the reeds, screaming at the figure moving towards her,

"My grandpa is the deputy director of the Political Department of the G Military Region, my dad is the Minister of Logistics, my brother is a member of the Army Special Brigade, my uncle is a naval engineer in the Military Region D, and my brother in the lobby is..."

She counted the population of her family one by one and stared at the collapsed piece of Reeds.

There was no movement there, she snorted, and the fear in her heart miraculously eased.