Aroma's Dilemma

How many fingers was Yakko holding up? Was he teasing her? "I . . . I used to know."

"Hey, hey!" That seemed to delight him. "I know that sound. Someone is a little cognitive again." Yakko turned around in his chair, coming much closer. "How are you feeling?"

Aroma thought about the fingers he held up. "I can't think in ones." She looked at her hands and laid them all out. "Ten. Twenty. I cannot think in ones."

"But you can think!" Yakko threw confetti in the air. "You made it back, congrats."

Made it back? Aroma looked around. The colors were more muted. "I see differently." Colors. "Blue. Black. White. Grey."

"Okay, but you are still okay. So what if you lost a little bit? You are lucky Scratchy understood your notes," Yakko said again. "I am sure your big diction will return. So will your abrasive and hellish personality."

Aroma stared behind him. Dot and Wakko were fighting over a jar of cookies like . . . what was the word? "It's not as rude as idiot. Its more sciencey in its meaning. It's."

She watched Yakko snap his fingers like he was disappointed. "Stay here. In this conversation or you won't ever get better." He held up some notes. "From your own words too."

Her diary. That should have sparked rage inside of her, but it didn't. It was probably where they found a way to try and help. Her memory was weak. Her last thoughts were trying to remember her name. From there, she knew she was in a . . . A . . . "Trouble. Bad trouble place."

She looked back at Yakko. Upset again. Okay. Her big words that always made her feel safe. They had left her. "I am in the tower?"

Yakko smiled again. "Yep! I took personal care of you while you were incapacitated. Welcome back. Hopefully if you are back. You are still saying some words here and there in incomplete sentences."

He spoke so much better than her now. Aroma would be pulling herself into . . . "If I were home. I would get. Help. From smart warners in . . . In . . ."

"Therapy," Yakko said easily.

Therapy. "I forgot therapy. Its my last name." She forgot her own last name.

"Yeah, well, Scratchy will have a sachon or two," Yakko said.

"Sachon?" What was a sachon?

______________________

"Sachon? No, session. S-e-s-s-i-o-n?" Yakko shook his head. Not good. She didn't even recognize that word? "Wow, you really did lose it all. On the plus side, at least it improved your personality," he smiled. "One minute."

He rushed over to the other two, stood on top of the jar of cookies, and stole it. "Hey! Has no one noticed our guest is actually feeling better? You know, speaking straight again? Clear in the head? Quit fighting over the cookie!"

He stole the cookie. Really! He thought some of the guilt wearing off would make them feel better. It did for him.

"Your wife is back. Yay. Congrats." Dot didn't sound enthused. "It was her own research, of course it worked. Does that mean she can buzz off now?"

"She isn't, uuuuh?" How should he put it?

She didn't even recognize the word session," Wakko said. Guess he was paying attention. "Her big words are gone."

"Big diction dictionary lost her words?" Dot asked. "Well, that kind of thing happens when you chew on bars. Do you think she will get it back?"

"No idea," Yakko confessed. He was happy she was just better. "I better get her to Scratchy. He's the pro. Maybe he'll know." That and he could touch on the subject that drove her to that state better than he could.