The Warners Visit Chez Casa

Yakko watched Aroma eat her whopper without any complaint. She might not have her large diction, but she was even better this way. She went on a date with him straight away, and hadn't kicked up a fuss once!

Maybe he hadn't been dreaming it. Yeah, he was getting revenge on Presto at first, but it made a lot more sense why Aroma was choosing that weird avenue to go on.

"Why do they put seeds in the bun? Are we tasting it? Is it what makes the bun taste good?" She looked on the inside of the bun.

Maybe not a large diction, but her curiosity was still there. "Sesame seed buns taste great. It wouldn't be the same without them."

"Hm." She dug into the sandwich a little, then put it back together and started to eat. "I like these."

"Yay to hear," he said. "I like you more than a sesame seed bun." Her mind took a bit to process whether it was mean or a compliment or a joke. She got there though.

She smiled at him. "I think I might like you better than a sesame seed bun. Maybe," she said. "I like you better than the lettuce at least."

"Then Lettuce start from there," he said to her.

"You're so different," she said to him. "I just don't know what to do with you. Your fun like the ones that played on the playgrounds all day, but you have the smart mind of the ones that ran the place at my home."

Hey, he remembered when she mentioned that before. So, it definitely was true. "Is that a confession of love I hear?"

She raised an eyebrow at him. "That's an interesting look between you and another group of people that I have spent time with that is like me."

"Comparison is the word." Sometimes he'd try and help her learn her words again. "You're comparing me to your civilization. From that observation, I make excellent boyfriend material."

She didn't answer back. Because she didn't know, or because she was scared to.

Yakko picked up his burger. "Such a tough time, isn't it? You research us to help your kind, but at the same time, you've also been a little bit scared." He winked. "You've also had the hots for the eldest brother of the Originals." He never called him or Wakko or Dot that, but since it was a term she used, he was adding it to his repertoire. Might help her find her bigger words again.

"You never say Originals," she said. She was just staring at him straight in the eyes. "I always said that."

"I thought it might help to remind you of who you were," he said. "You never know what'll trigger your big words to come back."

"I see." She poked at her sandwich. "Your brother and sister do not want big words to enter my mind again."

"Siblings." He added another word to her again. "My siblings don't like your large, overinflated words. I'm not the biggest fan either," he agreed as his voice slid with the statement. "Buuuut? I-I-I remember what it used to be like to have a large amount to say, but only say it through signs. It wasn't fun."

"You feel for me because you went through something that is like it?" she asked softly.

"I'm empathetic because I've gone through a similar situation." He tried to state it back to her, the way she would have said it.

"Thank you." She had a strange half smirk. "You are a good warner person."

Yikes. I am saying all the right things today. If only. Damn. "So, uh? Nobody kept rent up at your place obviously, and you had moved in with Presto, but you are still married to me, so until you get a place you are still stuck in the tower."