Chapter 3: Yep, He Still Got That Date

Four and a half months later

"Yakko, it's Preston!"

Yakko took the lollipop out of his mouth as he headed to the door at Dot's call outside. Alright, some fun. He jumped down the water tower and looked over at Preston. "Hey Pressy Ton, what's up? Saw you from the tower, weren't you planning on stopping by?"

"No," Preston insisted. "I am simply going to work. Again. Like I do everyday." He gritted his teeth. "Must you always bother me?"

"Aw, don't worry!" Yakko smiled and hit him on the back playfully. "It's never a bother for me to come down and see you."

"It is for me, but I'll wave to you from up here!" Wakko declared with a wave.

Achoo!

"What was that?" Yakko noticed an extra pair of legs behind Preston. "Press, you brought a guest?"

"Leave her be, Yakko Warner," Preston warned him. "My fiancée simply came to bring me a forgotten lunch. Not. Get. Groped. By. You."

"Oh." Yakko leaned forward toward him, his hands in one another. "I'm so hurt. You think I'd attack an innocent girl?"

"Yes."

"Yeah, but that was your girl?"

"Yes."

His act over, Yakko smiled. "You know me well. Is she a nurse?"

"Leave Aroma alone," Preston warned him. "She is a decent girl, not used to the likes of you. I swear, you try and lay one hand-"

"Okay, okay, off limits, I got it." Yakko held his hands up. "So, how deep do you have to go today? I noticed your nose isn't as brown."

"Don't you have a life?"

"Not really."

"Why must you do this everyday?"

"'Cause it's fun."

"You're an imbecile."

"Ooh, big word. Good for you." Yakko peeked behind Preston's back and noticed a familiar color of red. A familiar red dress. "What?" Yakko tried to look further as the warner tried to hide more. Unfortunately, he knew that color. It had stuck in his mind. The trim line of it, the creases in it, everything. "Scented?" The whaaaa-? "Cute girlfriend, Preston." He stood up. "See ya later."

Aroma watched as Preston walked off. "Preston?"

"I'll call you when I get home." Preston announced without even turning back to see her. He would be late if he dilly-dallied anymore.

Aroma looked over at the strange unchanging grin on Yakko. It wasn't a funny grin. Lopsided and strange, with eyes that didn't spell humor as well. "You didn't tell him?" Of course not, according to my research, it would be too easy.

Yakko gave a small complimentary chuckle. "No, that's too easy."

"Well, thank y-what?" Aroma faked surprise. "Too easy?" There's a strong chance that he is not going to be happy with a warner such as Preston ending up with me after one night of fun and being thrown out and unable to find me. She had been planning on staying out of his way, but Preston had forgotten his lunch and insisted she bring the thing.

It was a part of the responsibility. She had no choice.

"So, the boring guy you wanted was good old Preston, huh?" Yakko laughed strangely. "Fine choice for a fiancé. Brown noser to the end. May your kids have noses of Burnt Sienna. Oops. I forgot you can't have kids. Too bad."