Chapter 6: Pink Nose

Inside the Shuttle

"This is great! Are you sure it's even bigger than Disneyland?"

Aroma turned around and quickly turned back.

"Hi, Honey." Yakko joked from behind. "Decided to go ahead and check this place out too. Once I told my sibs what you said, they were all too happy to take the trip."

"And you!" Dot pointed at Aroma. "You lied about being pregnant. That's not nice, we all had our hopes up we could see a baby warner."

"So?" Wakko grinned at Aroma. "Do others act like me? Do we have anything in common?"

Aroma watched the way he continually bounced in excitement as he listened. The original source of it all. "That bouncing in anticipation was passed on as well as several other traits. You are also highly intelligent and I encourage you to use your intellect more."

"Really?" Wakko asked. "How do you know that?" He was smart, but he just didn't talk up a storm about everything like Yakko did.

"According to the documents for the machine which created us, each of 30,000 had a different qualifier of interest and/or mental capacity. The fact that brilliant scientists came from your scan is reason enough to understand that fact."

" . . . okay." Wakko stopped talking and looked at Yakko, his body language signifying annoyance.

"She takes some getting used to," Yakko simply said to him.

Aroma caught the hint. "If you refrain from trying to drive me mad, I will take you to Chez Casa's Mallet and Anvils Museum."

"Mallet and anvils? Okay!" Wakko agreed.

"Mallets and anvils?" Dot just looked at Aroma. "You're telling me that your planet has a museum dedicated to mallets and anvils?"

"Why not?" Aroma asked. "Without mallets and anvils, how could our great civilization ever come to be? Everyone must have some form of respect for these amazing yet primitive inventions. Even I have a small collection."

"You mean had," Yakko corrected her. "I'm sure after being gone for a year your stuff is probably just a memory."

"I doubt it," Aroma said. "I do not pay that thing called rent. We use money for other goods and services and we all have a specific set of skills that we use to contribute to society. My home is always my home."

"Okay. Shut up," Dot warned her. "You're getting pesky."

"Sorry." Aroma looked out a nearby window. "I'm just eager to get back home." She smiled. Finally, back home. She watched outside of the window for more warners to come. She continued to stare for some time, but no one showed up, not even Preston.

Preston. He'd have broken anything to go back home. His real estate was his world. The world he missed so bad. He'd do anything to be there.

"That place sounded interesting," Dot whispered at Yakko. "Too bad we can't really go."

Yakko shrugged his shoulders and watched Aroma by the window. Knew everything about them, did she? Well, everyone had their faults and when he discovered hers, he couldn't stop his sibs. They all needed revenge somehow, she didn't just stand them up. She was studying them, and probably going to write a book on how best to deal with them. That wasn't right, they weren't objects of study. "See anyone else yet?"

Wakko tried to hide a snicker, but Aroma heard it.

Aroma stopped smiling but did not turn around. He would have done anything to get back home. She had been so happy and so hopeful, so sure of herself from how Yakko acted, that she didn't even realize. Yakko is also a great actor.