4. You called me uncle Bretty

After minutes of holding each other, we pull apart from one another. We don't speak as we part. He walks to the bathroom to sort himself out, and I stand there, waiting. It was soon after when Kyle and Charlotte come into the room. Charlotte was dragging her older brother into the kitchen by his hand, and he was groaning in defeat.

"I don't want to bake cakes. I told her and then she dragged me. This isn't consensual.", He mutters, standing at the door.

"Oh come on. It's fun!", I smile at him, he rolls his eyes but helps out anyway. Brett returns soon after and looks like he hadn't just been crying.

After baking cakes, we let them settle whilst Charlotte plays on her iPad. Kyle went back upstairs to do some more homework - which was really code for Xbox - but I let him go anyway. Brett was sitting beside me on the sofa, with his laptop on his lap. I was reading the same book that I had been last night.

It was getting sexual, and it felt strange reading it right next to my fathers best friend. I carried on though, trying to fight the blush that threatened to spread across my cheeks. I swallowed hard as the scene evolved and they began making love.

You couldn't really call it making love, they were fucking.

"Olivia?", Brett speaks my name, and I shut the book with a slam, my eyes snapping to his. He looked surprised at the adrenaline rush of fear and worry that obviously shot through me.

"Hmm?", I smile, nervously.

"What are you reading?", His lips tug upwards, and for a moment I had to fight the urge to rub my thighs together. I glance down at the book in my hands, and then look back up towards him. He was sitting so close to me... So damn close. I could smell his cologne.

"A court of silver flames.", I answer him gently.

He raises a brow at my actual answer. "What is it about?", He asks, and although I knew that question was coming, it was like a slap to the face. And the only response that I could think of was one from one of my most influential characters.

In the wise words of Nesta Archeron, I opened my mouth and said, "The book is about a book.", I smile at him, happy with my response. His eyes lit up with delight at that answer. A low chuckle fell from his sinful lips and his thighs spread apart as he got comfier on the sofa.

"Interesting.", Was all he said, and my mouth dried. I flicked my tongue over my bottom lip, wetting it. "And more specifically?", He tries again.

"It's a romance, nothing of importance.", I answered as fast as I could, trying to dismiss the topic of conversation with urgency. If Brett found out how sexual the books I read where, and he told my dad, I would be grounded.

Even if I was nineteen and didn't live with him anymore - he would still find a way to ground me.

"Ah.", He hummed, leaning back again, placing his hands behind his head. His muscles bulging out of the shirt he wore. I fought the urge to look, but I was only human. "So it's an erotica.", He muttered, his voice low, not wanting his daughter listening.

Charlotte was sitting on the floor listening to music on her iPad.

I wanted to lie to him, but it basically was. With the amount of sex scenes the author had written in this book, it could have been an erotica. "Sorta.", I whispered, my cheeks reddening.

"Katherine loved to read erotica.", He whispered, and his eyes found mine. He looked broken but so powerful at the same time. I swallowed at the mention of her name. "Sometimes she'd be so enthralled into a scene, she'd read it to me and I'd be so interested in listening. Not because of the actual scene itself but because of how her eyes lit up and she giggled at certain parts of it.", He explained.