side 1

SIDE ONE :

SIDE ONE :

Tatum POV

Tatum POV

"Hello?" I called out, walking into the Harris Campaign Headquarters. "Is anyone here?"
For this to place to be the heart of a presidential campaign bid, it's freakishly silent. That cannot be a good thing.

"Uh we're actually closed today." Dalton's head emerged from around the corner. "That's why I invited you here so you could meet everyone." A smile appeared on his face as he made his way over to me pecking my lips.

Dalton is my... I don't know what he is to me. I know what I am to him. I'm the girl that he brings home to his family. The one he goes out with in public, the one he pretends to love when anyone is watching. I'm essentially his beard. Dalton's not gay but I'm the girl that's acceptable to love. So I'm the one he picked. Granted, I figured it out too late. Because my dumb ass was already in love with him.

"You don't need to be nervous babygirl. You've met my family a bunch of times." He rubbed over my tense shoulders, causing me to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

That's true. Sort of. I've met Dalton's parents a bunch of times. They are nice enough. They're extremely successful attorneys and adopted him when he was eight months old. His brother was a junior senator in Boston, splitting his time between there and D.C. for the past three and half years, so we haven't spent any time together. Now he's running for President and has set up base in his hometown, for obvious reasons. I'm hoping that he'll let me work on his campaign. He's basically a complete stranger.
Yeah, I'm nervous as fuck.  

"I don't want to get this job because I'm..."

"My girlfriend." He finished for me. Now I did roll my eyes. The girl he cheats on constantly and takes for granted.

In a way it's my own fault. I keep putting up with his bullshit, electively. It's just that when things are good between us, they're really good. It's like living in a fairytale. When things are not so good, I may as well be living in fucking Malcolm&Marie