5

It was 5:47 pm and I was bored out of my mind. It was too late for a day out with Mali and I really wasn't feeling yet another day laying in bed watching tv. I glanced over at my desk covered in little trinkets and heaved myself out of bed and over the the desk. I looked at a picture sitting on the corner. It had a date printed in the corner. 1/25/96. My birthday.

I picked up the small Polaroid in my hands and brought it up to eye level. It was a picture of two babies sprawled out in a tiny crib. Their hands were entwined and they were fast asleep. Me and Calum. I set down the Polaroid as a tears began to well up. My life was really not meant for me. Was I not wanted? Did my family lie to me to keep me from being hurt? Too many questions. I felt my mind getting cluttered in thoughts.

Without a second thought, I grabbed my purse, the house key I was given, and my shoes. I needed fresh air. I ran out of the house without being seen by anyone and just as I neared the end of the block, a tear let itself fall. I wiped my face and decided on the beach. It was walking distance and the sun would set soon. A perfect way to rid my mind of these thoughts.

I looked up directions on my phone and began the walk. I made it in about 5 minutes and took off my shoes. The sun was still bright and the sand was hot. I walked for a bit on the sand and purchased a small beaded bracelet at a stand. I noticed a little girl with brown hair walking with her mother and little sister. They looked so happy. Everyone did.

The sand was burning my feet and I was about to just turn back and go home when I heard my name.

"Camille!" I heard. I turned around and was greeted by a familiar blonde. Nina.

"Hey!" I said surprised yet excited to see her jogging my way.

"How's life her so far?" She asked shielding her eyes from the sun.

"Uh.... Different." I said honestly. "I'm just getting used to it I guess. I like it so far but my social life is like the Sahara desert as of now." I laughed.

"I think I know someone who can help." She smiled sweetly.

A tall brunette walked up, as if on cue in some cheesy movie with a volleyball in hand. She was gorgeous. She had a glowing smile and perfectly tanned skin.

"Hello. I'm Harper" she grinned slyly. I figured that she must be insanely popular. She was buzzing with energy and seemed to have a magnetic personality.

"Uh hi I'm Camille." I smiled back. I felt like a shrub in the prescience of a goddess.

Nina insisted that we all get ice cream and het to know eachother. It had been going greatly so far when a strange blocked number called Harpers phone. Her face dropped and she walked away from the table grabbing her stuff and murmuring that she had to go. Most likely a family emergency. Or a secret service mission. Or a cult. Who knows.

"That's been happening to her a lot. I don't think too much of it. Some weird chiz has been happening with her cousin I think? Who even knows. Probably arrested again." She half laughed and finished off her ice cream cone.

"Yeah. The sun is going down now, I should get back home. I didn't exactly tell anyone where I was going." I said quietly realizing the guilt of what I had just done and how I've technically done it before.

Nina just nodded and grabbed her keys.

"Did you walk?" She said tossing her keys in her perfectly manicured hands and throwing the napkins into the garbage can.

"Yeah but I can walk back it's only about...8 blocks." I said.

"Oh come on it's getting dark just let me drive you. My favor." She smiled.

I agreed and we walked to her silver convertible buggy. It was perfect for her in a quirky way. I got into the passenger side that still felt wrong and buckled in. Lots of people were leaving around now and it looked so peaceful. She turned on the radio and a one direction song blared.

We're only getting older baby

And I've been thinking about you lately

Does it ever drive you crazy

Just how fast the night changes

Everything that you've ever- WATCH O-

The car traveled in slow motion out of the lot and into the oncoming car going too fast.

I lurched out towards the front of the car. My seatbelt gripped and my head shot onto the dashboard.

Static and fuzz filled my vision.

Then silence and darkness.