8

My bed felt like heaven.

I had been laying down for the past hour and a half. I had missed my room and the feeling of being inside of a house. I knew Calum had invited Luke over despite the fact they've seen a lot of each other lately.

I heard them walking down the hallway mumbling about weaknesses and secrets. Ugh when will they finally let go of superman and move onto something more mature like music or I don't know some type of hobby? Singing? An instrument? A sport?

A buzzing noise sounded on my dresser and I leaped up to read the text.

*unknown number*: hey it's Harper. Nina gave me your number. I heard you're out of the hospital. Wanna hang?

I know Calum told me not to talk to her but honestly what does he need to control in my life? Who cares about exes and lies? It's none of his business who I'm friends with. I texted back a reply and told her to pick me up from my house. I sent the address and got up to change.

My parents went out and Mali was finishing up an essay in her room. I guess I had to tell Calum.

I walked down the hall to his room and knocked. I heard him shuffle to the door and open it.

"No you can't come in. We've based our whole week off you. Give us some chill time." He said starting to close the door. I stopped it before it shut.

"As much as that hurt, I'm actually going out. Adios." I said turning on my heel and starting to walk away.

"With who?" He asked immediately.

"A friend." I replied.

"What friend?" He asked, stepping into the hallway.

"Why the sudden interest?" I fired just as the doorbell rang.

We both took off down the hallway and raced to the door.

He beat me by a hair. He turned his back to the door and I dived for the handle.

"Either tell me or I open the door and say you can't go." He said happily.

"Oh my god. Why do you care so much?" I half screamed.

I turned around to es a confused Luke walking down the stairs. Thank god, he can tell Calum to open the damn door. He walked over and stood facing me. He was a lot taller than me and quite intimidating.

"Camille who's at the door?" He asked reaching for the handle and opening the door, revealing Harper on her phone.

"There you a-" she started before she realized who was there.

Luke's mouth fell open and Calum turned to me clenching his jaw in annoyance.

"Camille what did I say abou-"

"Ok let's go." I said to Harper as I cut off Calum and pushed my way to the door taking a step out.

"Camille you can't." Calum said.

"I can and I will. Who cares about what you said?" I asked not even turning around. I heard a shuffling and saw them putting on their shoes. My jaw dropped and I stared in disbelief.

"You know, me and Luke were going to head out anyways. Why don't we just come along then?" Calum shrugged.

I realized this was the only way I'd be getting out of the house and if Harper and I annoyed them enough, we'd be able to split off and maybe even get lucky and leave them stranded in a restaurant or something.

I nodded and they followed suit. Harper was clearly annoyed with the whole "ex tagging along" thing.

"Hey don't worry we can ditch them later on. It won't take much to distract them." I whispered to her. She smiled and nodded as all four of us climbed into her sleek black Audi convertible. A perfect car would only suit her.