2

I'm not really one for goodbyes.

I climbed out of the car and walked around to the back . Zach and my dad helped to heave the two giant bags full of all my stuff. I overpacked considering I'll be in a foreign country and with less chances to visit home. I was so tired and an emotional train wreck. I don't know how to feel about all of this. It's so much to take in and I think all I need is a couple of days to get my thoughts straightened out.

I closed the back of the car and my family surrounded me. They were going to take me up to security, then my mom will walk me to the gate. Technically I don't need it, since I'm a legal adult but it's just more comforting to have someone with you. I took the suitcase that my dad was holding, but Zach refused to give me the other one as well. He claimed it was too much for just me and he wants to help.

I dropped my luggage off and we headed for security. The airport wasn't too busy, seeing as it was 4am on a Thursday morning. I was hungry and tired and regretted not bringing a sweater- the airport was freezing. I spotted the line for security and faced my family and Zach.

"Well. This is it." I sighed taking in all of their sad and tired faces.

My dad stepped forward and hugged me "I can't believe my oldest girl is off to college. You are so bright and beautiful and I- just don't do anything stupid, kid." He sighed. "Love ya" he added on biting his bottom lip to keep from letting his emotions get the best of him.

"I can't wait to get your room." Elle said picking at her nail polish.

"Oh shut up, Eleanor." I teased.

"Ok fine. It's gonna be quiet without you. And Zach won't have a reason to come around anymore." She said jokingly. "I love you. Don't tease me with cute boys my age there." She said pointing a finger at me before hugging me tightly. I hugged her back extra hard, seeing as after I leave,'the news gets broken to her.

Zach walked up and just hugged me. Really tight. It felt good to have him so close to me, although I know he'll just be ripped away in a matter of minutes. I took a shaky deep breath and pulled out of the hug and looked him in the eye.

"Don't do anything stupid." I whispered.

"To you the same." He whispered back. "It seems like just yesterday we were in the 4th grade digging up worms underneath the slide." He said poking my arm and wiping away a fake tear "they grow up so fast."

"I could say the same to you. I'll miss you." I sighed.

"Love you" we said in unison like the cheesy couple we are. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again. I'll miss him. I turned around and waved goodbye to the faces I'd known my whole life. I'll see them in 5 and a half months for Christmas.

I pulled up the strap on my backpack and my mom took my hand as we passed through security. We had small talk but the whole time, I was just thinking about how my whole life, I had thought this woman was my mother and now I'm on my way to a foreign country to meet my family and go off to college. Wow.

We stopped to get coffee and a muffin and we found my gate. My mom and I sat down in the grey leather and metal chairs and waited for my flight to start boarding. It was going to be a long flight and I was ready to finally get some sleep.

"I'm going to really miss you, Camille." She said resting her hand on my shoulder.

"I'll miss you too, mom." I said. I'll still call her mom, only because it would break her heart if I ever stopped.

She weakly smiled and the overhead came on, announcing my flight.

"Well that's me." I sighed. My moms eyes brimmed with tears and she took me in for a hug.