The Outpost

... waiting for the food again. Around the big full of people table. Full of the only people that lived in there actually. Waiting for one of the once most beautiful part of the day but now the saddest. The food. Not the rich in calories meal we used to be served with, but a cube of proteins. For the real food was over and we had to survive eating whatever that thing supposed to be. But complaining will never be heard from me, instead I have to listen to Coco's every useless remark about how this situation is, and i'll quote, 'bullshit' . She doesn't seem to understand the real state of the situation we found ourselves in. We will no longer be able to eat like we used to eighteen months ago because the resourses were almost over. No longer go outside and do the basic things we used to take for granted and no longer see the light of the day, unless we put that hideous costume and go out into the 'Apocalypse' risking to be contaminated.

Not that there is any day light left in all that nuclear fog and dust. Because this is the sad reality now. The blast brought the end of days. Death, loneliness and disease are the aftermath of the nuclear war. We were safe inside but not comfortable. And that not because of the place itself but because of the company. I personally hate nobody, but I do not like the way they behave around each other. The way Ms.Venable runs this place is not right. I may be young but i am no fool. She is the reason of those controversies. The evil i felt from long ago was slowly crawling out of her so no wonder that all those rules were made up by her. She continuously lied about receiving instructions from the Cooperative which were meant to rule the Outpost. She had my respect and good behaviour but she was still a cold sadistic disciplinarian and above all,
a liar.

And the others. Mean and discourteous. They could try and be more friendly towards their peers given the fact that they have no choice but tolerating each other for probably the rest of the remaining days of their lives. I cannot do anything about it and it's sad but at least I don't have to worry about their behaviour around me. Since the first week I arrived they all seemed to like me, and the sentiment was mutual.

The closest friend I have is Mr. Gallant. The gay eccentric and talented hairdresser which I spent every day with. We both need each other, one for the fact that is disperate to be loved, since his grandmother Evie, she too living here, thanks to him, does not love him, and the other who has no one except him to comfort her in times of need. Ironic. How I was destined to know what real friendship was by the time the world ended.

And Ms.Mead.
The loyal co-worker of Ms.Venable, who always has been nicer to me than the others. She cares and give me advices, and I, in return, make her feel more like human, giving the fact that she is an android. One I used to know very well as I was one of the master brains that helped being built two years before the end times. I was seeing her more like a mother figure and not an android duplicate machine which story was not allowed for me to know. But what I knew and very well in fact, was the feeling of something wrong that involved her and the whole situation as well. There was something unholy in all the given circumstances and I hoped I get to live long enough to discover the truth. Because there's no way this feeling I had since I stepped in this eerie but pleasing setting and the nightmares of death to be just ... feelings. All the short life i've lived, I did it in supernatural, alone, with no one around to believe me.

And here, in every spot in this underground situated once warlock school, i feel the evil in every corner. The evil that existed but more intensely, the evil that had to come...