Twenty weeks ago

Soon as I entered this massive buildings door, I found it difficult to not notice the tip to toe purple dressed woman whose tough expression was fixed upon my every step I took until I reached her desk. She get up from her sit, right hand upon a cane and mocking me, she asked:

"- Are you the girl with the package?"

"-No ma'am I am the new-..."

"-Miss!"

"-Excuse me?"

"-Miss, not ma'am" she said, obviously annoyed by my words.

"-I apologise miss...?"

"-Venable" she replied, now looking at the package I was holding apparently not being what she thought it was.

"-Ms. Venable, I apologise for the misunderstanding. I am the new robotic engineer these two gentlemen required for. This package only contains some of my personal belongings I need for my new office. I was informed to come to the clerk to inform upon my arrival".
She looked at me for five seconds and then turned around, meaning I had to follow her. She did right and then opened the door of a decent office which I assumed was mine from now.

"-If you need anything, don't call me" she said with a cold expression and turned around slowly walking out of my sight.

She didn't like me and she liked to make it obvious. From that very day I settled myself and got to know the two co-founders and future colleagues.

Little time passed and I realized that the 'gentlemen' I came to work with were not gentlemen at all, but just two grow men gifted with an incredible intelligence until the cocaine started to be consumed by spoons and the lab transformed into a kind of sanctuary for their sexual pleasures. At first I was seen not only as a brilliant engineer but unfortunately as a subject of their inappropriate behaviour. Seeing I wasn't giving them what they desperately fantasized about, they finally stopped annoying me and the working routine was normal  including no other revolting suprises. The men's comportment was now suitable, seemed I could get along with everyone. Everyone except Ms. Venable of course. She was just as cold besides me as she was in the first day of our meeting.

"-Miss?"

"-... Venable" she says without taking her eyes off of the laptops monitor. This woman was damn annoying.

"-Miss Venable, could i ask you an innocent question?" said I, with confidence in my tone
She raises her eyes in curiosity and looks at me crossing her fingers. I knew that was an 'yes'... in her way.

"-After all the time I spent in here, why don't you like me?"
She stand up supporting herself upon that cane and gives me a smile.

"-What was the clue that makes you think that?" she raises her eyebrows.
"-You never reply back when I salute you, nor have the mood to talk to me".

"-That because I am working and don't like to get interrupted by little things like saluting" she replies but I knew she was lying.

"-I know about your scoliosis" i reply knowing that i may just had
activated a bomb.
So was I. Her expression serious now, making me jump from the noise she makes with her walking stick.

"-I could move your jaw at your back with just a movement of my cane!" she angrily yelled

"-Get out of my sight!"

"-I am not afraid of you Miss Wilhelmina. In spite of all this unmoved appearece of a tough and cold stone woman, I respect you for being so strong. But the aspect doesn't make you less worthy than the other women" saying that i turn and keep walking immediately leaving her with an indescribable face-expression.

The next day, I normally enter the building with two cups of warn tea and let one on Ms. Venables desk accompanied with a 'good morning'. Knowing she probably hated me even more now, i turn heading for the work lab. When about to open the door to the underground lobby, I hear a reply to my previous addressing words from behind me. She saluted me. I wore a smile and continued my path.

This took place for the rest of my time spending there. To my amazement, we started talking more often every day, I  probably being the only one to see her smiling from now and then , naturally not sarcastically. I liked the thought of her sympathizing not only tolerating me because she had too, like she did with Jeff and Mutt. But no matter the change she did, the change I did, she was evil. A woman obsessed of control and power. I needed to make everyone respect me, because I could not embrace the idea of someone hating me, especially for no reason.

The last two months of my life, of this worlds life, I've spend it around technology, working and working and repeating all over again. The day Ms.Venable decided was time for her to leave since they were not promoting her, was the day i found out i was selected to be one of the occupants of
'The Outpost 3", accompanied of course of the new leader of the bunker my two colleagues put in charge, her.

Spending no time on unnecessary  preparations, we leaved the next day. With trucks of food following our vehicle. I was not allowed to ask anything until we arrived to our destination.

So we did arrived, in the middle of nowhere heading inside of what they called the once 'Hawthorne School for Exceptional Young Men''. A weird construction at the surface but a castle inside.

Huge, with a big continuously burning fireplace and candles everywhere. Their light being the only source of light in that weindowsless place. I was excited, not only for escaping that now horrible routine I was trapped in, but because of the mystery and darkness existing in all over inside.

Being an antisocial light sensitive creature myself, i knew that location was made for my soul. So forgetting the all strange situation that included that much food and our arrival to that paradise, i spent my time exploring the insides without staying around the group too much. Two days and others starting to come. Rules were applied when all the occupants arrived, from dressing code to ranges like loyalty and servants. Is was exaggerated but i didn't complained, as I stand fortuitous and was one of those with high given title.

After some time, I understood the consequences of my happiness about the underground area. It accommodated some of the few who stand lucky to get in there. The money they spend to get in were their salvation, since the world ended soon after we settled.

Being in my natural habitat, i enjoyed every single moment spending inside those walls, even the evil I felt lurking everywhere, excepting their never ending arguments and annoying stories.
Until one day when the alarm was activated and an hour later, a man entered the gathering room...