6- Boredom

MALAYAH POV
*3 days later*

I had just got home from school. Mama wasn't home yet and Bug was at daycare.

"Mmmmmm fuck it imma order some chicken" I said scrolling through the restaurant options on ubereats.

I choose to order popeyes and while waiting for it to come I decided to scroll through Instagram.

While I was scrolling I realized I had a text from
Sienna from that one day. I ain't block her because I don't care enough too. Blocking people makes them feel entitled.

"Oh she was so bothered she blocked me"
No. You're going to see me grow and you're going to see me flourish and there's nothing you gone be able to do about it except congratulate me.

I thought it was her apologizing until I read it.

I replied "Lmfao💀." Before screenshotting the message and sending it to Aaron. I'm trying to figure out what she thought she did.

The message wasn't giving what she thought it was supposed to gave. My food came and I ate. I decided to FaceTime Aaron cause he's lowkey cool.

Since that day he posted me we've been talking. It started with him apologizing for Siennas actions and then we started FaceTiming and shit.

We fell asleep on the phone one time but that was a accident.

Cause that's how you catch feelings and i ain't trying to do all of that.

Baby I'm thuggin I can't be yo girl friend.

He answered on the 5th ring and we was talking about nothing but everything at the same time.

I got the notification that he took a FaceTime photo and then 3 minutes later Instagram notified me that I was tagged in a story.

@AaronFineAss mentioned you in a story.

"Bruh you always doing shit" I said rolling my eyes.
He started laughing like shit was funny.

I hung up on him cause the hell.
Aaron swear her so damn funny gone akekekeke his ugly fine ass right into that blocked list.

I texted him cause I slick missed his presence.

He so damn fine but he a whore. No feelings lay. No.
I decided to go to sleep until mama and bug got home.

*3 Hours Later*

I was awoken to the smell of fried chicken and and corn bread.

"Ouuuuu mamas cooking" I thought to myself out loud.
I decided to sit in bed and chill until she called me to come eat because I know as soon as I walk out this room and go in there she gone mistake me for Princess Tiana and expect me to help cook.

"I like em chocolate cocoa Cocoa Puffs" I hummed and snapped to the tiktok song playing from my phone.

"Bug gone on in and wake up Layah so she can help make the glaze for this chicken" I heard my mama say.

"Ok mommy"

Ouuuu I wish she would come in here- I threw my phone under the blanket, pulled the blanket over me and faked sleep.

I heard Mariahs knocks from on the other side of my door.

She gradually started banging on my door.

"PUNCH MY DOOR ONE MORE TIME MARIAH JOY KINGSLEY AND THATS YOUR BEHIND.... wrong with these kids the hell" I heard my momma yell and mumble.

"Oop" me and Bug said at the same time.
I quickly closed my eyes and laid back on the pillow.

"MALAYAH" bug yelled. She walked in my room.

About fuckin time she been standing behind the door for a good 5 minutes.

"Mama said come hel-"
"Mariah leave me lone" I cut her off.

"Don't be mean that's mean" she started pouting.
"I know you ain't finna cry"

She threw my shoe at me and it hit my ass.
In all my damn near 18 years of life I have never jumped up so quickly.

Bug took off running and I fell trying to catch up with her.

"Mama layah tryna hit me" she started crying.

"MA SHE HIT ME WITH MY SHOE"

"I know you not yelling in my household. Leave your sister alone and Mariah stop messing with your sister. Malayah gone head and wash your hands and make this honey glaze for this chicken. Sitting round here yelling like y'all ain't got no sense I oughta whoop both y'all as- tails."

Mama be trying not to curse in front of Bug but marlon used to curse in front of her anyway so I don't see why she tries.

I checked my Instagram and had 3 unopened messages from this GC of me, sienna, jasmine and Elena.
They're weird cause I wasn't in there when I went to sleep. It's Friday I don't give a fuck about shit they got to say.

I'll give a fuck about them on Monday at approximately 8:45. If then.

*30 minutes later*

Mama finished cooking the baked Mac and cheese and it was time to eat.

I was in the middle of scooping some collard greens on my plate when mamas phone started ringing.

"Malayah fix Mariahs plate while I take this" she asked.

"Aigh ma- Mariah hold this"

"OH MY GOD" I heard my mama yell from out her room. She started screaming and crying and I didn't know what to do.

Bug started crying cause she heard mama crying and I was just confused.

Mama came out the bathroom with her eyes red but she didn't look sad.

"We gotta go back to Carolina. Your dad died."

________________________________
HEY YAWL
I tried to give y'all a li long chapter.
Y'all really don't deserve it cause I couldn't even get 6 votes but it's whatever. It started off wholesome🥰

What do y'all think happened to Marlon?

Do y'all think Malayah will care?

Why do y'all think Alayah didn't look sad?