Chapter 9

Chairman: Dear Director, I feel you're avoiding the question. If the is target was already in possession of an A.I. unit, how was he able to secure an additional unit from Agent North? Would not that verify, as we indicated earlier, that your program now runs experiments with more than one artificial intelligence? If so, where did these additional A.I. come from? And more importantly, how did your agency procure them?

Before the Red team arrived at Zanzibar, Sarge was still at Blood Gulch.

Fake Command: This is command calling Red base, come in Red base.

Sarge: This is Blood Gulch Outpost Number One.

Fake Command: Please stand by for orders, Red base.

Sarge: Go ahead Red command.

Fake Command: Agent Washington has reassembled the Blues and taken one of your soldiers hostage.

Sarge: I knew it! I knew he was a Blue!

Fake Command: Gather your team, we want you to stop Agent Washington at all costs, this is a Level One directive. Good luck, Red base.

Sarge: Hey, one second, any word on that soldier poison I ordered?

Fake Command: No, good luck Red base.

Sarge: What about the robot nuts?

Fake Command: No, good luck Red base. Command out.

Sarge: Well you don't have to get so test. Hello? Hello? Can you hear me? This thing gets terrible reception. Only have one bar! Hello?

He was atop the Red base and moved down through the ramp and into the ground.

Sarge: Hello, can you hear me? Stupid 4G network. Lopez!

Lopez: Si?

Sarge: That was red command.

Lopez: (Spanish) Si, I know.

Sarge: Were you listening to my call?

Lopez: (Spanish) Si, I record all our calls for quality assurance.

Sarge: They said those dirty Blues are up to no good and they took Ruby hostage!

Lopez: (Spanish) Actually, that call sounded strange to me. Also the Blues are too stupid to take Ruby down.

Sarge: I agree! We have to stop 'em, no matter the cost.

Lopez: (Spanish) The call sounded like someone one took another call and chopped it up.

Sarge: You're right! I shouldn't be here flappin' my gums, I need to shake a tail feather!

Lopez: (Spanish) Yes, you should go on your fake mission right away.

Sarge: But I gotta reassemble the team! I know I can't get Donut, so that leaves just Simmons. . . and Grif.

He turned to see the Grif cutout with arrows piercing it.

Lopez: (Spanish) . . .and you will most likely be killed by whomever send the fake message.

Sarge: Ah, good point! Maybe I'll get lucky and Grif was killed! Not in a glorious manner like battle of course, but doing something menial and humiliatin'! Maybe he drowned in a toilet while cleaning it.

Lopez: Pendejo.

Sarge: I know, I know, I'm hoping for too much. Lopez, pack m'gear, I gotta get going!

Lopez: (Spanish) Its already done, I pack it every morning in hopes that you will decide to leave.

A suitcase was next to the Warthog.