Shedding the nightgown

We drove into the night, Rodrick chomped on his raw steak which he had stashed away in a cooler that slide around in the back. I attempted to take a sip of my heavy cream but was disappointed to see it was still way to cool for consumption, so I placed it on the hottest person I knew. 

" what's this" asked Rodrick, raising an eyebrow.

" just warming up my cream" i said nonchalantly yet seductively. Rodrick gave me a confused look before turning to the road. I watched a small smile play on his lips. He put down his hunk of raw meat roughly on the dash. It hit the dash rather hard and I realized it was still frozen. 

" king you can't eat frozen meat it's very bad for your teeth not to mention you may get E. Coli and while I'd love to nurse you back to heath I don't think it would be expedient" I said trying to sound assertive and responsible. 

" relax Fregley, I've dealt with E.coli several times I'm basically immune" he laughted, I felt disappointed by his lack of care and  snarled. 

" but my king your teeth will be very damage, what will your dentist say" I said looking worriedly at him. 

" shut up Fregley, I stopped visiting my dentist after he told me I couldn't give myself vampire fangs" he said gruffly, I felt bad I think I may have struck a chord. 

" maybe I can be your new dentist" I said batting my ginger lashes at him. " I wouldn't deny you vampire teeth, in fact I'd install them myself". 

" I would like Fregley" he said smiling before his face darkened " but you are too young" 

" what do you mean?"  I demanded madly, I thought this trip was going to speed things along and allow us to fornicate:( now I was majorly upset. Talk about a miscommunication. 

" Fregley I'm sorry but you are way too young for me, I don't want to take advantage of you" he said sympathetically, I growled again, 

" what if I want you to take advantage of me?" I yelled. " I'm thirty seven in dog years and fifty in shrew, and my gramma calls me an old soul" 

" doesn't matter my little shrew killer you are still too young" he said, sounding very wise. I didn't want to argue with him, but I do disagree. I am very mature. My teachers all rave about me in my report cards, I'm surprised. My parents hate public school, they wanted me to work on a farm instead, I remember they protested outside of my middle school in an attempt to install farming courses to teach kids more about the real world. It was very embarrassing for me, definitely affected my social status. Although I am still incredibly popular, so popular in fact people hurl their lunches at me in admiration. And they give me spa treatments in the toilet. Rodrick noticed my quietness. " Fregley I'm planning to wait for you" he said. 

" I'm not surprised" I said confidently " I am a gorgeous ginger". We then pulled into a motel six. 

" I don't sleep but I know you do" said Rodrick considerately. " it's because of all the dayquill, and monsters" 

" I see, well i appreciate your concern" I said hopping out of the vehicle. Rodrick purchased a room for us and we walked upstairs to go to it. There were two twin beds but Roderick pushed them together, how romantic. Then he drew me a bath so I could unwind after a long day of being willfully kidnapped. He even threw a steak bone in there for me to chew on. After I exited the bath I noticed him heating up some of his steak in the microwave, 

" I don't want you to worry about me Fregley, I know the fear of me contracting E.coli for the third time weights on you" I watched in admiration as he heated up the steak. He is so kind and thoughtful I know he loves raw meat so this means a lot. 

" I think it's done" I said " if you take it out now it will be a perfect rare" Rodrick greedily clawed at the microwave.

" it's meat time baby" he exclaimed, " wait it's not opening" he growled impatiently. 

" try pulling harder" I said confused. Rodrick shook the microwave, 

" wait not again" he cried "I think this is a safe". " this is the second time I've been tricked best the illusive safe, it's meant to protect what you love the most but instead it destroys you" 

" oh no, "I said " that was a very poetic line though you should save it for a song" 

" thank you" he said defeated. "No meat for Rodrick" a single tear rolled down his cheek. 

"Aw Rodrick don't cry" I said, I have never seen him cry before, he does it beautifully. 

" I just wanted to make you happy" he said crawling over to the bed and facing the walls. 

" I am happy Rodrick, steak or no steak" I crawled over too and snuggled into his neck. " please don't be sad" Rodrick sighed and wiped away his tears before spooning me. 

"Do u want to be the big spoon or little spoon" he whispered, 

" little spoon please" 

" alright my little shrew killer" he said kissing my neck. I smiled it was really kind of Rodrick to try and heat up his meat for me. 

" I mean I could be your meat" I giggled suggestively. 

" shut up and sleep Fregley" said Rodrick gruffly as per usual.