🌟 Annarasumanara (2010)

Alternative Title: The Sound of Magic (안나라수마나라)

Type: Manhwa

Author: Ilkwon Ha

Artist: Ilkwon Ha

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Psychological, Seinen, Slice of Life

Status: Completed

Chapters: 28

Synopsis:

An aspiring magician gives up on her dream as she reached high school. Upon meeting a strange magician in an abandoned fair, she decides to give her dreams another shot.

Review:

Basically, this manga tells you to follow your dreams and not caging yourself with society's standards of being an "adult."

It starts with a 'bang' at first with the magician impressing us with his tricks at the most unexpected time possible, particularly, when the girl's in a bind. But then it will later be revealed as a sham (or that's what they want you to believe) and that the magician is just jobless and delusional. To be honest, this piece will just leave you wondering what's real or not since they convince you with "it's the thought that counts."

Overall, it's a masterpiece. The art is a real eye candy at times, it gets dramatic when it needs to be. The monologues are also good. The message is also striking and relatable.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Favorite character/s:

Na Ildeung. I admire this dude for having the biggest character development (and art development) in the series.

 I admire this dude for having the biggest character development (and art development) in the series