🌟 Cheese in the Trap (2010 - 2015)

Type: Manhwa

Author: Soonkki

Artist: Soonkki

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Rom-com, Slice of life

Status: Completed

Chapters: 131

Synopsis:

After taking a gap year, Seol got in the wrong side of her almost perfect and handsome senior, Jung, during a get-together. Despite the bad impressions of each other, Jung suddenly gets friendly with Seol and is about to turn her life upside down.

Review:

The title is a good metaphor that summarizes the relationship between Seol and Jung. Many people get enticed by the cheese that they disregard the risk of a trap. In Seol's case, when Jung (who is supposedly the cheese) came to her life she is aware of the trap first (his shady nature).

Jung is this "perfect" guy who has kinda got a few screws loose. Being handsome and wealthy he just gets his way out of everything. He doesn't really empathize with others and sometimes he is creepy as f. As he establishes a deep connection with Seol he slowly progresses to be more 'human'.

I really like the development of the story. There are a lot of relatable life events about college and relationships being tackled here. You can also watch the K-drama if you feel lazy reading the manhwa. Although, the drama had a bittersweet ending while the manhwa explained the main character's back story better.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Favorite character/s:

Seol. Strong heroine.

 Strong heroine

Inho. Cute 2nd lead.

 Cute 2nd lead