Winter Woods (2014 - 2017)

Type: Manhwa

Author: COSMOS

Artist: Van Ji

Genre: Dark fantasy, Romance

Status: Completed

Chapters: 129

Synopsis:

An experiment gone wrong results to a corpse-like being wandering around the human world until he stumbles at the doorstep of a woman named Jane.

Review:

This is has a similar vibe with the film Warm Bodies minus the flesh-eating zombies. It's similar to the film in terms of the zombie evolution, where the cold corpse of Winter gradually warms up upon meeting Jane except it has a cuter development and a dark history in comparison to the R and Julie ship.

I particularly like Winter, aside from his glow-up throughout the series, his childlike disposition makes him less scary and more adorable. But my level of admiration isn't enough to make me add him to my fave character list.

What I like about the story is that the plot doesn't just revolve with Winter trying to adapt to the human world. He happens to have an "older brother" who turns out to be the "first failed experiment" and is also the not-so-villain in the series. Basically, they're just human prototypes who turned out to be capable of emotions as well. I don't really approve of their relationship with their respective women-in-their-lives though, I just can't help but categorize them as "borderline necrophilia."

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Favorite character/s: