20. "See this as a warning"

Mila's POV

It has been a couple of days since Nate and I talked, it was currently Friday which was actually day 1 of the Halloween weekend. 

"Do you think I look slutty?", Cassie asked while applying her red lipstick. She was going to spend the night with McKay at college. You have to know even though it was the 30th of October, at college, there was Halloween all weekend. 

"No not at all, you look fucking hot", I smiled looking up from my phone to watch my beautiful cousin. 

"Yeah, totally. The costume is just iconic", Lexie added laying on her bed watching Cassie get ready as well. 

Cassie was dressing up as Alabama Worley like Lexi already said an icon. She was wearing a cow printed mini skirt and a blue laced bra along with matching blue sunglasses. Her hair was pinned up a little so it looked like it was short. 

"I hope McKay will like it", she smiled. "He will don't worry, you look hot as fuck", I smiled. 

"What are you guys gonna dress up as tomorrow?", Cassie asked as she finished all of her makeup. 

"Bob Ross", Lexi smiled confidently making me giggle. She was really planning Bob Ross but not as a slutty version. No, we are talking afro wig and a fake beard, I couldn't wait to see her all dressed up. 

"Lexi it's Halloween", Cassie whined and turned to look at me, "What about you?".

"I still don't really know", I said which was actually a lie. 

Nate and I have been hanging out the past two days at the motel and we were able to plan a couple's costume. I know we aren't dating or anything but we started seeing each other again and Halloween would be our announcement that we are back. 

"Oh come on, you probably already have a costume but won't tell us, is it with Nate?", Cassie asked smirking. 

"What Nate? Haven't you two broken up?", Lexi asked confused. 

"We did but we talked and we are kinda back together kinda not", I explained fast not really wanting to elaborate on it too much. 

"Well I am more than excited to see it", Cassie smiled as she grabbed her purse, "I gotta go ladies have fun here, not at college". 

"Shut up Cas", Lexi and I laughed as she walked out of the room meeting McKay downstairs. 

"Wanna watch a movie?", Lexi asked. "I'd love to, what you wanna watch?", I asked sitting down next to her on her bed. 

"What about a horror movie?", she smirked. "You know I'm way too scared to watch a horror movie", I laughed. 

Lexi and I agreed on a psycho-thriller. After we were done Lexi was deeply asleep, she was just such a sweetheart. 

But I had to wake her up since she told me that she was going somewhere with Rue and Jules. "Why did I agree to this again?", she asked as I was making her get ready.

"Because you love Rue", I giggled and went to my room. 

Nate <3 to Mila 8:15 PM

Hey Baby come outside and let's grab some food

I smiled to myself, ever since Nate and I broke up he has been putting in way more effort. Since he was honest to me now he also hasn't been aggressive at all lately. 

I quickly put on a pair of black leggings and a purple hoodie before pulling my hair up into a high ponytail. 

After I was done getting dressed and putting on some perfume I made my way downstairs and outside to Nate's truck. 

"Hey", I smiled while climbing into his truck. "Hey, you hungry?", Nate asked. 

"A little", he took off immediately and we got some fast food. Nate actually knew a few pretty cool spots around the city so we were headed at an overview spot.

"It's so pretty here", I smiled looking at the skyline of our city. "Right?". 

After we ate our food we were all cuddled up watching the stars. "Can you believe that every single person here has a different life with different problems? And they don't even know us while we only know life from our perspective?", I asked.

It was a thought I have been playing around with for years, it was calming and yet scary to think that. Every time I felt like the world was closing on me this thought made me realize that there were so many more problems I don't have to deal with. 

"It's actually crazy to think about it but I am very happy that I actually don't have a single problem at the moment", Nate smiled down at me.

I leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his lips which he immediately returned. He held my face in his big hands while our kiss lasted. It was actually the first kiss in a week since we wanted to go slower on things. 

"Are you happy?", Nate asked while we were still looking at each other after the kiss. "I couldn't be happier", I smiled at him. "Me too"

After a couple more minutes he decided to drive me home. "I'll see you tomorrow. We will meet outside at like 8:30 okay?", Nate asked before I got out of the car. 

"I will see you there", I smiled. "I actually have a little something for you", he said and handed me a little box, "open it inside".

"Thank you", I smiled and kissed him before actually getting out. 

When I got to my room I opened the little box and I saw that he got a silver necklace for me with a little N hanging from it.

Nate's POV

After Mila got out of the car I felt so confident in getting her back to being only mine. Now I had one more thing to do. 

I drove to the gas station to visit my good friend Fez (spot the irony).

"Fezco", I smiled while walking into the little shop. "Jacobs, what can I get for you?", he asked.

"Nothing but you better listen to me. I know that you sold coke to Mila even though she is trying to stay clean. She told me that she made out with someone and I believe that someone is you", I said dangerously calm. 

"Listen up Nate. Mila came to me crying and shit, I sold her the coke because that's what I do for a living and on the other part you gotta ask her", Fez replied as calm as always.

"I don't have to ask her, I know it. You always had a thing for her right? See this as a little warning, stop giving her stuff and back the fuck off", I explained trying not to rip his face off. 

"I don't want no trouble man but she's my friend dude", Fez said and I know he was right, Mila cared for that little bastard but now I think he gets what I mean. 

Without saying anything else I left the shop and drove back home, this was all just working out perfectly and after tomorrow night everyone will know that Mila and I are back.