3. "Are you guys like a thing?"

Mila's POV

"Mila wait", Nate said making my cousin and I turn around to look at him, "Can we talk?". 

"About what?", I asked confused. "The party", he explained making Cassie raise an eyebrow. "What about it?", 

"Can I drive you home?", he asked looking more at Cassie than at me. "What why?",  "Just let me explain myself", Nate insisted. 

"Fine but I'm watching you Nate", Cassie said leaving me with him. 

"Come on", he said gesturing to his truck. I sighed and followed him, we got in his big car while the awkwardness was killing me. Don't get me wrong Nate and I got along pretty well but knowing he wanted to talk about something gave me anxiety.

"So what did you want to talk about?", I asked a little confused as to why he wanted to talk so badly. 

"I just wanted to apologize to you really", he explained while starting to drive, "I was acting like a complete dick towards you. I know it's nothing new for me but I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable in any kind of way. I really didn't want to". 

Did the Nate Jacobs just apologize for his actions? 

I was sitting next to him not knowing what to say. It wasn't new to me that a drunk guy asked me to go upstairs with him or that he tried anything. At this point I think it's normal eventhough that is pretty sad to admit. 

"Uhm don't worry about it really. It's no big deal, I mean nothing happened and we were both pretty wasted", I smiled at him. 

"Okay good well I usually don't apologize but you're new here I didn't want to scare you off right away you seem cool", he explained as he parked on the side of my house. 

"Well don't worry about it and thanks for the ride", I grinned and got out of his car. "You're welcome". 

What the hell did just happen? 

When I got inside Cassie immediately dragged me into hers and Lexi's room. "What did he want to talk about?", Cassie asked immediately making Lexi look up "Who?"

"Nate fucking Jacobs", Cassie replied quickly making Lexi look at me confused. 

"I don't even know he apologized to me", I chuckled. "What why?", Lexi asked sitting up on her bed. 

"Well he tried to talk me into hooking up with him at McKay's party and he apologized for it because he felt bad", I told them, "Is that normal?"

"No it's not. That's hella sus if you ask me, he didn't apologize to the other new girl, did he?", she asked. I just shook my head not sure about it. 

"That's weird we gotta watch him", Cassie said looking at me. 

After we all had dinner together I decided to shower getting all the sweat from practise off and just to relax a little bit. 

The shower was exactly what I needed. When I was done everyone seemed to be asleep already but I couldnt fall asleep,  so I decided I needed some help. 

I quickly put on some warmer clothes and my shoes and made my way to the gas station which wasn't really far from our house. 

When I made it inside I recognized a girl with curly hair from my school. "Mila? Cassie's cousin right?", she asked as she was sitting on the counter. "Yeah exactly". 

"I'm Rue, what brings you here?", the girl asked. "Is this guy, uhm Fez here?", I asked her. 

"Ah I get it what you need?", Rue asked. "Some weed, I can't sleep", I explained as she chuckled. "The worst feeling I'm gonna go get him", she smiled and went into the back. 

A little while later she returned with the guy everyone was calling Fez. If you ask me he had something about him that made him hella attractive. 

"You must be Mila, so how much you need?", he asked smiling at me. "Just like a half gramm", I explained only wanting to smoke one joint. 

"Alright, here let me roll it. Would you mind if Rue and I joined you?", he asked while putting way more weed than a half gramm into the little paper. 

"No not at all", I smiled happy about some company. If you have ever smoked alone you know that it is hella boring.

Fez finished rolling and winked at me "First one is a gift". "Thanks", I smiled as the three of us walked outside where there was a little area in the back with a couch and a table. 

We all sat down as I lit the joint. "When did you move here?", Fez asked. "Two weeks ago", I explained taking a long hit. 

After a couple hits I passed the joint. "I wouldn't have thought you're that kinda girl", Rue smiled at me. "What do you mean?"

"You know you hang with Maddy and Cassie they're not really into weed or any drugs really", Rue explained. "Sometimes they get Molly", Fez insisted. 

"Well I like the feeling of being high. Back at my old school, we'd do drugs a lot, a little too much. I had a little problem with cocain but that's fixed", I explained as the joint got back to me. 

"I went to rehab last summer", Rue blurted out making me cough "Shouldn't you stay away from this shit then?". 

"I guess but it's boring", Rue explained making Fez shift a little clearly being uncomfortable. "Okay this might get super awkward but are you guys like a thing?", I asked not really sure what kind of energy they were giving off. 

"Oh no Rue is like family", Fez chuckled as I passed him the joint again. "Oh okay sorry I was confused", I laughed clearly high. 

Rue and Fez joined in on the giggles all of us being high af right now. 

The bell of the shop dinged signaling there was a customer in the shop, making us all get up from the couch eventhough it was super hard to do so. 

We made it inside and there was no other than Nate Jacobs looking at me a little confused. 

"This please", he said and laid some drinks and gum on the counter along with his gas bill. "That will be 34,50 dollars", Fez explained and Nate handed him the money. 

"What are you doing here Mila?", Nate asked me while getting his change. "Uhm just hanging out", I explained trying to stay serious. 

"How are you getting home?", he asked. "I'm gonna walk, I walked here as well", I giggled making Rue join in. 

"Let me drive you home before anything happens, you're clearly high", he said with a tone that was something between demanding and asking. 

"Are you sure?", Rue asked me. I nodded and turned to Fez for a second "Thanks again, I'll see you soon", I smiled as I followed Nate. "You're welcome", Fez smiled. 

"I didn't thought you were a stoner", Nate said as we walked to his truck. "I'm not but sometimes I can't fall asleep and it helps", I explained. 

"You know this town can be dangerous, a girl like you shouldn't be walking here all alone at night", he mumbled while driving towards my house. 

"I'm fine don't worry but what do you mean a girl like me?", I asked quietly starting to get tired. "I bet you are but still, you're pretty and you're small so you're easy to kidnap", he explained. 

"That is weird for you to say not gonna lie but I'm glad you're driving me home", I smiled slightly maybe Nate wasn't too bad of a guy. 

"I am too", he said quietly to himself. 

We soon arrived at my house. "Thanks for, uhm bringing me home again", I giggled realizing he took me home already today. 

"You're more than welcome and Mila remember that I can pick you up any time", he said as I walked out. 

"Thank you Nate"